Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Long hair means you are selfish

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
  • 233 Replies
A lady just told me I was selfish for having my hair long! She said I need to stop being selfish and have it cut off to give to people who don't have hair! I by no means think I am selfish or she is right, but another woman agreed with her! Now I am curious what others think.

I have long hair, its too my butt type of long. I usually always wear it up because I have worked with kids and in hospitals and having it up it just needed or required. I am on break from nursing school and decided to wear my hair down today and straighten my curls out.

This lady has no clue about me. I am a childhood cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with cancer and osteomyelitis at age 9 and spent several months in the hospital. I lost all of my hair. I won't even dye my hair because I have a fear of losing my hair again. Maybe I am just weird, but its a fear of mine. I have thought about shaving my head and donating my hair, but after some thought i am going to wait until I finish nursing school and readdress my thoughts. Others judge easily and I don't want to lose out on job opportunities because of a shaved or short hair while it grows out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this

um. wow she's a bit judgmental. lol. I'd just shrug it off and not give a fuck what she thinks! lol 

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

lol ok , that is silly

garnet83
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

She is stupid.

soph324
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
How absurd!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
What a strange and rude thing for her to say. Having long hair isn't selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Some women keep their hair long for religious reasons. Tell her its against your religion and walk away. Something about a woman's hair to be her crown of glory.

Love060708kids
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Wow, what the fuck?

notgivinguphope
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

that is the dumbest shit i ever heard. was she bald?

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Weird. I don't think it is selfish one bit. Some people really love having long hair if anything it's lazy not to cut it [i hate going to the salon]

I have been growing out my hair for locks of love for a year now. When the baby is due I will have more than enough hair for me and some other child.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Um... ok. I couldn't donate my hair because its been dyed. But I guess that's probably selfish too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)