Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He did it so I damn well did it too...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

Yep, Dh is with the kids while I'm at work. I have a "flex" schedule since I have to work weekends! Anyways, he packs up my 2(almost 3) year old and my ALMOST 2 month old to go pick up their brother(almost 5) from school. He not only picks him up from school, he takes him there to. He also takes them all to the store.

I have a fear of driving with the kids in the car :(....but today I DID IT. I packed up the kids to go pick up Caleb from school, I brought them into work with me because I HAD to talk to my boss. I DID IT, I DID IT!!! I didn't panic driving, I didn't panic with time scheduling. If he can do it, so can I---that's what I told myself, and I'm proud of my mini achievement. 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommaOfFive440
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Yay! I used to be absolutely terrified to drive on the highway... I finaly did and ive been better! So I know how it feels (kinda) lol.. Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Yay congrats!! Proud of you and dont lose sight of this :). Im working on my own, irrational anxiety ( not that yours was irrational..just mine). Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyCorrupt
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Good job!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Good job!
mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Oh man if I have to do highway with the kids anytime soon, I will have to prep a month in advance. eek.

Quoting MommaOfFive440:

Yay! I used to be absolutely terrified to drive on the highway... I finaly did and ive been better! So I know how it feels (kinda) lol.. Good for you!

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Congratulations. Even the little things mean a lot!
mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Most of my family thinks its irrational fear, but DH just goes with it, I've been this way forever he's not going to change it, BUT I did change it and he gave me a high five!--I still had to have my window half down, since I feel claustrophobic when I'm driving.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Yay congrats!! Proud of you and dont lose sight of this :). Im working on my own, irrational anxiety ( not that yours was irrational..just mine). Lol.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Opposite, I take my kids everywhere but it is my hubby who is afraid to handle them at stores, etc. by himself.

mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Is it an actual fear, or choice? I'm honestly curious. Mine was pure fear.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Opposite, I take my kids everywhere but it is my hubby who is afraid to handle them at stores, etc. by himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)