Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

zzzquill

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

my sisters best friend gives her 17 month old dd 1/4teaspoon zzzquill to help her sleep. is it wrong for me to be upset???

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jallisah14
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM

BUMP!

jynkx
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM

oh hell no, that isnt good.  she does that all the time?

jallisah14
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

she says it dont hurt her just make her sleep i was so appalled if you dont want to be bothered with your kids dont have them

Quoting jynkx:

jynkx
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM

i agree.  she shouldnt be doing that.  it isnt designed for anyone so small.  and if she is doing it on a regular basis, she can do harm.  a 17 month olds liver and organs arent prepared for that kind of messing around.  this made me sad :(

Quoting jallisah14:

she says it dont hurt her just make her sleep i was so appalled if you dont want to be bothered with your kids dont have them

Quoting jynkx:

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM
:-( that's terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy9494
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I AGREE!!!

Quoting jallisah14:

Quoting jynkx:

chas1217
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM

That's terrible :(. My 3 year old DS has a very hard time sleeping and staying asleep, it's rare I get more than 3 hours of sleep, and I couldn't imagine doing anything like that. I completely agree with you, if you don't want to be bothered by them, don't have kids!

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Yes. Even though I just took some an hour ago. Obviously, I'm NOT asleep. Giving it to a baby is just kinda crazy.

luvbeinamommy68

that is awful! :( you have a right to be upset! my 4yr old has been a very bad sleeper since birth. its like she never outgrew her colic. except instead of crying, she bounces off the walls (we are working on a diet change for her now and it seems to be helping). i wouldnt even give my 4yr old that!! and trust me, there are times when i wish i could give her a magic pill to make her sleep a full 8 hours! but since this diet change things have been improving for her.

momofcrazypants

Besides, it says on the bottle that it's NOT for children under 12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)