Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"It's the end of the World as we know it....."

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe the world is ending?

Options:

No

Yes

Maybe

Undecided

Other

Don't care

Don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

"....And I feel fine..."

I feel as if I should be blasting R.E.M.'s, "It's the End of the World as we Know it" from my stereo in light of my crazy neighbors. lol.

I just finished decorating the last few Christmas cookies, so I was cleaning up, and noticed my husband forgot to take the garbage out, it wasn't exactly fully full, so I decided to take it out on my own. Well, while I was walking the trash out to our big trash cans around the side of our house I noticed our neighbors were having a party.

One that is truly odd, even for them, it's the middle of the week. as I was walking back around towards my front door, my neighbor saw me and said hello, I said hello back, and then asked them what they were celebrating? (Their oldest daughter just graduated college, so I thought, maybe a graduation party?) Well it turns out they were having an end of the world party......... Asked me if I wanted to join them. I politely declined.

I highly doubt that the world is going to end, IF, and that is a BIG HUGE IF, it were so, that the world was going to end, then I'd rather spend it peacefully at home with my husband and children with life as we know it. Nothing different. We are secure in who we are, and where we will be going at the end of our life spans.

I didn't really believe that people ACTUALLY believed in that junk.... but I guess I was wrong. If, I'm not, then so be it. However, I will see you all the day after the world is suppose to end....

What do you ladies think? Are you thinking it's pure craziness or do you give it validity?

Awww, now there's my R.E.M. record, time to pop it in and enjoy it a little with my wine. Goodnight. =)

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this
No.

I've researched it.

Religion says no.

Science says no.

Im going with no...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Bump
prieta05
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM
When was the world suppose to have end??? Lol i was supposed to go to the hospital today to get induced but gave birth last week jajaja
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Eventually. But not Friday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm at the I don't give a f--- stage, if it ends then it ends, not like I can stop it. If not then I know I have things with my family to look forward to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)