Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I was just reading a post and there were a few moms saying that a baby should only be eating about 1 oz. every feeding. That does not seem normal to me, my dd was eating 6 oz. bottles by 3 months. And now at 5 1/2 months she eats anywhere from 6-10 oz bottles depending on how hungry she is. So ladies, tell me how much your baby eats.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShanesMommy2012
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My almost 6 month old eats 5-6oz every 2-3hrs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chi_moma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:35 AM

5 months old and takes maybe 3-5oz of breastmilk

risaspieces
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM
I think the rule is 1-1.25 oz per hour. So if you feed every 3 hours its 3-3.75 oz.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I just don't feel like that is enough, and neither does dd

Quoting risaspieces:

I think the rule is 1-1.25 oz per hour. So if you feed every 3 hours its 3-3.75 oz.

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Every child is different. They should eat as little or as much as they want. My children averaged 1 ounce per hour. My brother took an 8 ounce bottle every 2 hours from birth.
LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:44 AM
My son was eating 5-6oz bottles with a table spoon of baby cereal or baby food by 5/6 months.
risaspieces
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:45 AM
I don't bottle feed, but I had a doctor explain to me that bottle fed babies eat more because they're able to gulp down their food faster so they don't realize they're full and end up stretching out their stomachs. Don't know how true that is, but it makes sense to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting risaspieces:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:49 AM
I've heard it's - take babies weight and multiply it by 2.5. That's a rough estimate of how much formula that size baby needs.

Quoting risaspieces:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:52 AM
I heard that too. Once of the many reasons I chose to breastfeed.

Quoting risaspieces:

I don't bottle feed, but I had a doctor explain to me that bottle fed babies eat more because they're able to gulp down their food faster so they don't realize they're full and end up stretching out their stomachs. Don't know how true that is, but it makes sense to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting risaspieces:

mp3mom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I BF, but I agree with you; if I went to work, that's what I gave, if not extra; plus food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)