Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love how my dads side of the family don't care about me

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:44 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I went on fb tonight just to see what was happening. One of my cousins put a status asking for prayers for a few ppl. One of them being my dad. Apparently dad is going in to the hospital tomorrow morning to have stints put into his heart. Sheesh I know I'm the forgotten child and all but you think this would have warranted a phone,email,fb msg from someone in the family. I know that me living in Cali and him in IL there's not much I can do but come on I would like to be informed of these things at least.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM

BUMP!

EAzizM
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:00 AM
How would you not know about this? Do you not talk to your dad?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Do you not talk with your dad?

Maybe they assumed he told you since you
are his daughter...not their fault.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:04 AM

I talked to him on Thanksgiving and week later after that. But this is how his family is to me. I found out about my grandpas death (dads dad) thru the obit in the newspaper. Shoot when he married my step mom I didnt know about it til they were married for 6 months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:21 AM
Why don't you ever call to keep up? Two way street here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM

That sucks, I'm sorry.

My dad's family have no contact with me what so ever... I gave evidence after hiding his dirty secret for 7 years...So to them, I put their sexually abusive child lover son behind bars... Even though I was a young kid myself... Ignore it, if they want to act like it, their loss.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you ever call to keep up? Two way street here

Last time i called was a week after thanksgiving. HAvent been able to call since because Ive been busy with my kids, dh dr appts and getting ready for christmas. I was and still willcall this weekend since he hasnt made any attempt to call me since thanksgiving. Hell Ive been the only to call him. He doesnt make any attempts to call me. So the two way street doesnt work with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)