Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think I should carry a gun?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
Last friday I got a call from a number I didnt recognize. I dont answer numbers I don't know so it went to voicemail. When I checked the messages it was some guy whose voice I don't recognize. He said something but I couldn't tell what it was. I shrugged it off as some drunk who misdialed. Last night he called again. I was doing dishes & didnt hear my phone ring so again it went to voicemail. This time he said "Youre ugly", waited a few seconds & hung up. I told DH about it thinking he might know the number. He didnt &, after listening to the message, said he didnt know the voice either. We called the number back on my phone. We called it back on DH's phone. I text, asking who it was. No answer to any. DH leaves at the same time every morning for work & has done so for 5 years. This morning he called & said he saw a guy he has never seen before walking down the street. He turned around & followed him & the guy walked by our house. He now wants me to carry a gun in my car. I dont think its necessary. WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Bump
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Can you handle a gun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I think its a personal choice. I for one would be reverse searching that number and finding out Wtf was calling me.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Personally, no. Most of the times the guns are turned on the person trying to defend themselves.

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Creepy...if i had one i would. But i always have at least one kid with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Yes I can. I have a small pistol. But I keep it unloaded, on safety and locked up because I have young kids. The thought of one of them getting ahold of it makes me wary to put it in my car.

Quoting teri4lance:

Can you handle a gun?
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM
It's a personal choice. Some have guns. Like myself. Some don't.

I would do a look up on the number and stop answering it. If it keeps up tell the police so it's on record.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Yea, google the number. It may not give you a name, but it should tell you where they are, like town, city, sometimes a street.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its a personal choice. I for one would be reverse searching that number and finding out Wtf was calling me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Are you kidding me?!
The first question should be - Do you have a license to carry a gun!(?)
You can't just have guns in your car/on your person, with no license.

EDIT: Okay people, I don't need ya'll blowing up my shit saying "Uhhhh, yes you can!"
I know that some states you can do it!!!! I just want OP to make sure she's following all gun rules before she actually puts it in the car!

UGH! FUCK!

Quoting teri4lance:

Can you handle a gun?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)