Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a message from a resident of sandy hook (was asked to share this with the world)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

A message to the world from the residents of Sandy Hook. Thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They have helped us during this horrible, unspeakable tragedy.

We do have one request though, please stay home. We can not begin the healing process with our small town over run by the media and out of town well wishers. We can't get to work, school or the grocery store. We can't get to the funerals to bury our babies or to our neighbors to comfort them. Our children are afraid to go anywhere in town lest they be approached by the media asking for, yet again, another interview about how we feel.

Thank you for all the memorials set up at each street corner, but what about after you leave? Who is left to clean up the spent flowers and rain/mud soaked teddy bears...We are. We already have enough to do taking care of each other but can not start until we are given our town back.

If you want to help us please send cards and snowflakes, donate to the school and families, reach out to your loved ones and let them know they are special. Make this world a better place with your actions and words. We know that you are feeling our pain and appreciate all you have done but please stay home and give us back ours. Thank you.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterflymomss
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Bump I am so sorry for your losses
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Those poor people. People just need to back the fuck offf!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Bump, and hugs and love, from our homes, to yours.
rhope4
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM
This message could be used for ANY type of situation. Thoughts and prayers going out to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Bump! Sorry for your losses, what happened in your town has definitely made everyone else raise awareness around their surroundings.

mas2124
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

BUMP!

pochaccotx
by Lost on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

They're all in my thoughts and prayers

CutieCrab
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Prayers being sent
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:59 AM
My thoughts & prayers are with you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)