Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ever okay to cheat?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 38 Replies

Have you ever been the other woman? My friend has been dating a married guy for a few months now. Apparently she tries to make it okay in her head by saying his wife treats him like garbage and is constantly threatening him with divorce. I don't think that justifies anything personally, but she seems to think it does.

When is it okay to cheat? Is there such a time? When I was younger my ex boyfriend and I went through a hard time and he cheated on me with my then best friend. She actually had the nerve to say to me "Well you were always complaining about him and about to break up with him anyway". Just wondering what you ladies think.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
NEVER
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workingmama86
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM

it's never okay in my opinion. 

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Its never okay to cheat if you are a good person.   good people dump people and move on.  they dont move on before dumping.   end of story - if you want to leave -- great leave - but dont date before you move on or you are just a lowly skank and ya know it.

Lovemybabyboy09
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Never!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I think there are certain circumstances where its ok. I have a friend who "cheats" on his wife. Shes paralyzed and in a nursing home. Has been for years. She's basically in a vegetative state. He has a fwb.
kidlover2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Ehhhh.... hard call. I want to say no but, my parents hadn't had sex in over 14 yrs, were barely on speaking terms, and yet my mom refused to get a divorce. My dad ended up "cheating" on her and imo in that instance, he wasn't.
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM

No, you should leave before, why would you take a chance on hurting your kids our give your spouse that much pain?

Some women justify it to try to make it ok in their minds,  If you read some of these posts though, there is the 'well I was feeling sad'...'I was lonely'... "but ignores me at times and when he wants sex theres no passion".....'I was bored'....'One thing led to another'.... 'I was caught up in the moment'.....'I wanted something different'....'His brother is the guy I was suppose to be with'.....'I saw an old friend and it was like magic'.....'I am depressed'...."I went two weeks without any sex at all while SO was out of town on business"..... 'He made me feel sexxy'...  'was out of town on business and knew SO would never find out'... 'I was in Vegas'.....etc..  I could go on. 

Funny thing is  once there was a time where the guy was doing all the cheating, now though the stats are showing we are having affairs  just as much or even more. The stats even say most women do not feel guilty unless they get caught or they have to tell their SO because of risk of a STD or pregnancy. 

raegansmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't think if one good reason to cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Yeah I would say that is a unique situation for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think there are certain circumstances where its ok. I have a friend who "cheats" on his wife. Shes paralyzed and in a nursing home. Has been for years. She's basically in a vegetative state. He has a fwb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)