Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he peeked at his present...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
before it was wrapped and it was in my van. So I wrapped it last night...
I put it in a plastic grocery bag and tied it, then another bag and another. 7 altogether I think. Then I put it in a box with some tissue paper, taped the box shut and wrapped it. Then I wrapped the wrapped box again with different wrapping paper. I taped all of the folds shut. Then I placed the wrapped box in a bigger box with some heavy duty paper and duct taped the shit out of it. Then I wrapped the bigger box and again taped all of the folds shut. I feel like there's more I can do. Any ideas? Has anyone else ever done this to their SO or family/friends?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eagle293
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM
You have got to video tape him trying to open it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I always ask for hints but he never gives them up. 

sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I love doing stuff like that!! 

One year, I taped a bunch of pennies to the bottom of a check box, then I duct taped the box and wrapped it. Duct taped it to the bottom of a shoe box, and duct taped the shoe box. Wrapped it, then placed it in a bigger box with a bunch of crumpled up newspaper. Duct taped that box closed and wrapped it. That was for my brother....you should have seen his face when he got to the pennies!!! I told him that was all I could afford, LOL....then, I gave him his real gift. 

Also, years ago, we had a friend living with us, and I didn't really know what to buy him....but, he was constantly bumming cigarettes, so I got him 2 packs of cigarettes. I individually wrapped each cigarette and tossed them in a big box with a ton of packing peanuts. Duct taped and wrapped the box....had my brother "help" me carry it down the stairs like it was really heavy. That was hilarious watching him dig through and unwrap all 40 cigarettes without breaking them. 

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Electrical tape, covering the whole box. Dh did that to me once took forever to open 

sassysuie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

My grandmother use to put our gifts in an odd box to throw us off like a blender box and wrap it. We would open the gift thinking we were getting something silly like a blender but we would be surprised!

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

DH took a huge box, packed rolls of toilet paper around a smaller box iside, and snickers on top of each box. I ended up with 25 rolls of toilet paper and 8 bags of Snickers....for a DVD, lol.

I still can't eat Snickers and that was 9 years ago. 

gofast_mama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

One year I froze the game dh wanted in a block of ice put that in a cooler, wrapped that in duct tape, then wrapped it in regular paper it was hilarious!

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Haha, i did that to dh, I think last year? Got him a book, but threw it in a box with a box of uncooked pasta (for noise effects), and a few other boxes. The last one ended up being huge. He had no idea lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dusty_707
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

my husband,sister and his dad always do this to presents. my husnad did this to my engagement w\rind\g when he proposed

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I got my dad a gift card and I plan on putting it in a holiday card and them I am going to seal it shut with tape, basically like it is laminated. Then that is going in many other boxes. (just so you know I like to prank my dad so I do things to him often)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)