Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crap!! cookie help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

my sister made some cookie dough the other day and didn't have time to bake them before my mom came to pick her up, I was going to bring the cookie dough over to her today so she could make them but realized she didn't cover the bowl :/ the top is pretty dried out not sure about the rest... can I save it or does she have to toss it and start over?? 
They're sugar cookies BTW.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

:/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM

???

katy_kay08
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM

you could try cutting off the dry part and see if it's still moister underneath.  Otherwise I wouldn't probably use it as the crusty part might not cook well.  I would also give it the smell test to make sure they didn't absorb any strong food odors from things in the fridge.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM

im hoping we can save *some* of it cause that was a PITA to mix lmao. plus it took a lot of ingredients and I just dont have the time to sit over their house and make the dough and everything all over again. It shouldnt have absorbed any smells or anything from my fridge since there really hasn't been too much in there since we've been doing freezer meals all week with no leftovers :)

Quoting katy_kay08:

you could try cutting off the dry part and see if it's still moister underneath.  Otherwise I wouldn't probably use it as the crusty part might not cook well.  I would also give it the smell test to make sure they didn't absorb any strong food odors from things in the fridge.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)