Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your preschool/elementary kids listen to....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Justin beibier?  Lady GAGA?  Or worse?

Why?

I babysit for a family...At the time their daughter was 4 and she asked me to put on Lady GAGA, fast forward 2 years and the boy was 4 and he was dancing and singing the lyrics to "Im sexy and I know it"...and doing the wiggle thing...

I was shocked I mean these are upscale families, Litterally pay $100 or more a day for childcare sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

My two year olds listen to the same music I do.  Mostly its the radio, so its edited.  But they love bands like Fun, Neon Trees, yes they like Lady Gaga and Nicky Minaj too.  They just like to dance.  They are little divas.  

VannaMae307
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

haven't you ever seen The Aristocats? they play piano and paint in their Madam's house and then they get lost and hear the scat cat's music and they love it!

seriously though I don't think income/social class is a big factor in everything. If the tune is catchy, the tune is catchy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Tunes are catchy...but the lyrics are what concern me most.  Isn't one of gagas song something about a love stick? I want your disease?  They dont edit that on the radio.

Quoting VannaMae307:

haven't you ever seen The Aristocats? they play piano and paint in their Madam's house and then they get lost and hear the scat cat's music and they love it!

seriously though I don't think income/social class is a big factor in everything. If the tune is catchy, the tune is catchy.

Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM

My children, 4 and 3 yrs. listen to the same music I do.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is older now but he discovered Bob Dylan, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones at a very young age and ran with it. LOL He only likes old music for the most part. I don't think he has ever actually heard a song by any of the people you mentioned.

LeiahAsh2012
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
No. We listen to classical and meditation music.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

don't ask me...I don't listen to that crap. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Tunes are catchy...but the lyrics are what concern me most.  Isn't one of gagas song something about a love stick? I want your disease?  They dont edit that on the radio.

Quoting VannaMae307:

SpnFulOfSugar
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
That was my fav Disney movie growing up.

Quoting VannaMae307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM

We love Aristocats btw. ;)

Quoting VannaMae307:

don't ask me...I don't listen to that crap. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting VannaMae307:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)