Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession… I have a problem. Can you help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I need advice on how to cool my mouth. I do not get physically abusive nor verbal, I just get very LOUD. It takes some frustration to get me to this point. I do not know the trigger, but... I actually know when it's coming on. I start to get tongue twisted. Then yelling begins. It does take me a while to cool off and I feel it's unfair to my family. I do feel very bad about this. My mother was actually the same way. I grew up in the same environment. I'm not making any excuses I just want to break the cycle. Any advice or any tips would be appreciated thank you for reading.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbornman21
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Anger management, yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM

You mean you don't look at your LOs face and see how much what you are doing hurts them?  Look at their faces and just stop.  Your lack of self control is not an excuse to treat your family poorly.  You obviously know this already and know first hand how much it hurts, so just stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Count to 100.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
They are used to it, it doesn't phase them. I'm trying to get advice and better myself. Bashing is not the answer.

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean you don't look at your LOs face and see how much what you are doing hurts them?  Look at their faces and just stop.  Your lack of self control is not an excuse to treat your family poorly.  You obviously know this already and know first hand how much it hurts, so just stop.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Well I sorry but they shouldn't have to be used to it. Get some therapy. So you yell nice words?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You are right they shouldn't be used to it. I can't afford therapy or else I'd be there. Thanks for your reply.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Well I sorry but they shouldn't have to be used to it. Get some therapy. So you yell nice words?

StrangeDays
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
When you find yourself getting to that point, BREATHE. Inhale through your nose, exhale through your mouth. Focus on your breaths. Count to 10, 50, 100, whatever. Take yourself out of the situation and go to a happy place (even if that is inside your head).

I have a yelling problem, too, and I found that just concentrating on my breathing helps. Just breathe, mama. And remind yourself it's ok :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Therapy or a self help book about temper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Thank you this is deeply appreciated. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Some self-help I'm willing to help myself.

Quoting StrangeDays:

When you find yourself getting to that point, BREATHE. Inhale through your nose, exhale through your mouth. Focus on your breaths. Count to 10, 50, 100, whatever. Take yourself out of the situation and go to a happy place (even if that is inside your head).

I have a yelling problem, too, and I found that just concentrating on my breathing helps. Just breathe, mama. And remind yourself it's ok :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Great idea I'm willing to read a book like that thank you for your reply

Quoting Anonymous:

Therapy or a self help book about temper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)