Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's crazy here?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
SO I had this elaborate gift planned for the in-laws. I was going to make a wall hanging with family photos (transferring the photos onto the wood), an entire collage, then paint a family saying over it. I've had it planned for months...I've just been waiting on the arrival of our niece. SIL said we could use whatever photos we wanted from FB and she'd give me pics of the baby ASAP. Christmas is next week, so I called about pictures. She decides that I'm not allowed to give any gift with her baby's photo on it because she wants to be the first to give out any photo, and I somewhat understand because it is her kid and not mine. Ok...why not tell me that in the first place and also...it's a friggin picture! And not just a single pic of her baby...but a family collage. I just want to ask her why she's so crazy about a photo.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I was crazy stupid about wanting to be included in all the firsts too with my first and middle child; about halfway through the first year of the middle child's life I realized that even if I wasn't there to experience their first it didn't detract from all the other times I got to witness it.  I figured out that it was more of a jealousy thing when I wasn't there, and that wasn't fair to whoever was.  so I guess I see both sides of the argument.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I'd understand more if I was just giving out a framed photo of her kid...but it's a family collage. That was discussed beforehand. I'm just cranky because it's Christmas and I have tons to do still.

Quoting ff-princess:

I was crazy stupid about wanting to be included in all the firsts too with my first and middle child; about halfway through the first year of the middle child's life I realized that even if I wasn't there to experience their first it didn't detract from all the other times I got to witness it.  I figured out that it was more of a jealousy thing when I wasn't there, and that wasn't fair to whoever was.  so I guess I see both sides of the argument.

beerabitch69
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am crazy, but it has nothing to do with your post.

mom_dl6
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Some ppl are just anal like that !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)