Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's crazy here?! *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

SO I had this elaborate gift planned for the in-laws. I was going to make a wall hanging with family photos (transferring the photos onto the wood), an entire collage, then paint a family saying over it. I've had it planned for months...I've just been waiting on the arrival of our niece. SIL said we could use whatever photos we wanted from FB and she'd give me pics of the baby ASAP. Christmas is next week, so I called about pictures. She decides that I'm not allowed to give any gift with her baby's photo on it because she wants to be the first to give out any photo, and I somewhat understand because it is her kid and not mine. Ok...why not tell me that in the first place and also...it's a friggin picture! And not just a single pic of her baby...but a family collage. I just want to ask her why she's so crazy about a photo.  

UPDATE-So fast forward to this past Christmas.  I have a newborn, born in November. What does SIL give the inlaws for Christmas?! A pic of my baby. Without even asking me. We also gave a picture but of course the inlaws opened hers first and they cried. Their reaction to our gift was just "look, we got two now!" 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Do it without.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

why wouldn't she want the baby's picture on it? Gosh now when you give it you'll be a selfish bitch for not including hers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I'm not even making it because I don't want to exclude the baby, you know?

Quoting ajrjj05:

why wouldn't she want the baby's picture on it? Gosh now when you give it you'll be a selfish bitch for not including hers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Meh...just do it without her pictures. She will feel stupid when her baby is the only one not in the collage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Tru dat!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh...just do it without her pictures. She will feel stupid when her baby is the only one not in the collage.

lovemybambino
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Sensitive people piss me off. She has no validity to her point.
Your idea sounds beautiful and so thoughtful.
And one person can just mess it up. She has noooo point to her thoughts on it. Of she wants to exclude her baby, fine.
But your idea is so nice I really think you should still do it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I could understand her logic if I was just wrapping up a pic of her kid and gifting it...but it's a family collage...with everyone.

Quoting lovemybambino:

Sensitive people piss me off. She has no validity to her point.

Your idea sounds beautiful and so thoughtful.

And one person can just mess it up. She has noooo point to her thoughts on it. Of she wants to exclude her baby, fine.

But your idea is so nice I really think you should still do it.

ajrjj05
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM

make it!! is there any pictures on facebook of the baby? I would just use them anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Lol here's the funny thing...she hasn't posted any because she was afraid I'd use them without her permission.

Quoting ajrjj05:

make it!! is there any pictures on facebook of the baby? I would just use them anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ajrjj05:

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Do it anyways and leave a space for the baby =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)