Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your hubby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
How did your husband propose? I always see these extravagant proposals and hear about them and while I loved the way my husband proposed because its our own little story... It wasn't anything big and I knew it was coming. We couldn't afford a ring so he went to Walmart while I sat at home waiting for him to come back and he brought home a stuffed dog with the little ring tied to the dog since we couldn't have a dog in the apartment we were living in. While it was so lame I still crack up looking back on it.
I wanna hear all the proposal stories!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
He proposed while we were both naked, it was right after sex. Now, it was the first time we'd seen each other in a month, so as soon as we got to the hotel we had sex. :-p. He'd had the ring for weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Haha that's the first I've heard of a naked proposal! Too funny. Do you plan on telling your kids that proposal story? My husband says our proposal was lame so he's going to make up a whole different proposal story to tell our kids. Haha

Quoting usmcwifey11:

He proposed while we were both naked, it was right after sex. Now, it was the first time we'd seen each other in a month, so as soon as we got to the hotel we had sex. :-p. He'd had the ring for weeks.

usmcwifey11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Probably not until they're much older! Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha that's the first I've heard of a naked proposal! Too funny. Do you plan on telling your kids that proposal story? My husband says our proposal was lame so he's going to make up a whole different proposal story to tell our kids. Haha

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Stephy52315
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I told him I was pregnant and he said ok, I guess we should get married. Hey, 15yrs later and we're still going strong. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM
That makes sense! Haha always more fun to scare em with those stories when they're older and find all that gross and embarrassing!

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmcwifey11:

RJ1223
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He had just taken a shower and was in the process of getting dressed, so he was wearing only a white tee.  We were in his bedroom and he just got down on one knee and asked.  It wasn't planned, but I knew it was right for us.  We eloped 3 days later, been almost 2 years going strong!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Hey, If it works it works! Congrats! :)

Quoting Stephy52315:

I told him I was pregnant and he said ok, I guess we should get married. Hey, 15yrs later and we're still going strong. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Congrats! What made you guys decide to elope? I always wanted to elope but my husband talked me out of it.

Quoting RJ1223:

He had just taken a shower and was in the process of getting dressed, so he was wearing only a white tee.  We were in his bedroom and he just got down on one knee and asked.  It wasn't planned, but I knew it was right for us.  We eloped 3 days later, been almost 2 years going strong!

usmcwifey11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Yes! And get the 'ewwww!" responses!

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes sense! Haha always more fun to scare em with those stories when they're older and find all that gross and embarrassing!

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Haha my husband is like living for that day!

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Yes! And get the 'ewwww!" responses!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)