Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your name suit you? Do your kid's names suit them?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

no one EVER remembers my name. It just does not suit me at all. My name is LeAnne (yeah, my parents cant even give me a reason for the funky spelling either) and i can see on people's faces that they just dont remember it when they see me again. Ironically, my name was SUPPOSED to be Jacklynn. My parents changed it the day i was born. I think Jacklynn suits me much better. 

My daughter is Cayla Lee. I was worried when she was first born that it didnt suit her very well, but as she has gotten older, i think that it suits her really well now! We had a really hard time figuring out a name for her!

My son is Colin. I think his name suits him PERFECTLY. I cannot imagine him being named anything else! (which is also ironic, because it was a name i fought AGAINST. lol.) Although, we do have one in-law who says that he always wants to call his Sheamus? I guess that works pretty well too. Both common irish names and we come from an irish family, so it makes sense. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser SΓΆze on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Yes, I love my name and I think my kids' names suit them well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hyman
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Yeah. I love my sons name. I actually have been called by my middle name forever since I was born and I do think its perfect for me. Even the weird spelling.

My mom almost named me something else and I would hate to be named that. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Mines Corinne .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

yes and yes.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Ditto :)

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Yes, I love my name and I think my kids' names suit them well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

From.left to right, Ava, Ryleigh, Alexandra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I think my name suits me perfectly, same for dd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Mine is Christina and it suits me. My boys are Kyle and Anthony and their names suits them. I couldnt imagine them with any other name.
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM
My names super plain, I am the farthest from being plain... I'm not ire if It suits me... But my sons name fits him perfectly :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quoting lovemyirish:

Mines Corinne .

corinne suits you well! so would carmen!

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)