Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for breast feeding moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My bil lives with us.i dont feel i should have to go to another room to bf because that would mean walking all the way upstairs(the only things downstairs is kitchen livingroom and one of the bathrooms)i know some babies dont like being covered when they are eating.DD hated being covered when i would bf her.what can i do.i dont want him being weird about it.Noone in dh's family breastfeeds but us.and he is kinda an immature 23 year old so i kinda expect him to make rude comments and look.what should i do?ask him to go to another room?just tell him not to look?baby is due next week.thanks for advice
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
areyouatroll
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
It might be awkward at first but eventually no one will care. Just have a receiving blanket to kind of snuggle your boob and you don't have to cover the baby. It'll work out.

I was nervous to bf around people but you'll get over it real quick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM
2 shirt method works wonders
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I have breastfed two kids for longer then a year each while living with my in laws, I always covered when in common areas but was personal preference, I would never expect someone to cover up because of someone else. When my second baby was an infant, my father in law made a few rude comments until my (non BF) MIL told him to STFU at least I covered up.

WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 shirt method
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CDMelty
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Just feed your baby and if he says anything or stares, tell him to get over it because it's YOUR home and the BABY'S home and not HIS home to set expectations in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)