Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let a stranger to take a picture?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My son is in Pre-k. They had a New Year's party with parents today. My son sits next to the girl that doesn't he doesn't really like. She is a little hipper, doesn't share, and she always eats his food at breakfast. I've never seen her mother in a classroom before, we already had 3 parties this year and these is a first time she came. I don't even know her name, we never talk before or anything.I don't know her at all. I just saw her couple of time when she dropped her daughter to the school. Today while we did a project with kids i see her talking picture of us. When I look at her she said,: " i want to take pictures of your family and smiled.", so I smiled back. She didn't stop tacking pictures, I think she took like 5-6 pictures of me and my son. I wouldn't think about that twice, but there are 4 other children with their parents sitting at the same table, but she took pictures only of my son. 

I had a very weired feeling about that. Would you let stranger take a picture of your children? Is that really wired, or I 'm just paranoid?!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AmberRose1122
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Weird!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Weird,,, right :-)))

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Weird!

AmberRose1122
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Maybe the little girl talks about your son a lot so she thinks they are good friends. I'd feel awkward.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Weird!

happygirls
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Okay that situation is definitely weird...did she give no other explanation than that? I would be creeped out.

But in general no I don't mind if other parents in my daughters' classes take pictures of my daughters. We all do it frequently for special days so our kids have pictures of themselves with their friends.

One of the mom's once took a picture of just my daughter because she had just gotten her new mass uniform and looked adorable! (If i do say so myself.) That mom and I talk every morning an afternoon, so I didn't mind one bit. If I didn't know her though I wouldn't have been okay with it.

No parent in the classes has ever not asked permission first though. I think that's just common courtesy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

There were parent tacking pictures, but she had a weirdest look, and why only my son. She didn't even took any pictures of her daughter. 

Quoting happygirls:

Okay that situation is definitely weird...did she give no other explanation than that? I would be creeped out.

But in general no I don't mind if other parents in my daughters' classes take pictures of my daughters. We all do it frequently for special days so our kids have pictures of themselves with their friends.

One of the mom's once took a picture of just my daughter because she had just gotten her new mass uniform and looked adorable! (If i do say so myself.) That mom and I talk every morning an afternoon, so I didn't mind one bit. If I didn't know her though I wouldn't have been okay with it.

No parent in the classes has ever not asked permission first though. I think that's just common courtesy.

happygirls
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah...that's definitely weird to me abd would make me uncomfortable. I'd trust your instincts on this one.

Quoting Anonymous:

There were parent tacking pictures, but she had a weirdest look, and why only my son. She didn't even took any pictures of her daughter. 

Quoting happygirls:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM

It was awkward, but I didn't say anything, they are classmates. I don't really know!!!!

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Maybe the little girl talks about your son a lot so she thinks they are good friends. I'd feel awkward.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Weird!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)