Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did they feed themselves?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

What age did your children start feeding themselves? My ds has finally started to do it properly, seems stressful meal times are over :) He's 14 months

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
eoewan
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My ds is 9 months old. I put his food on his tray of his highchair and he feeds himself. If it is a puree then I feed him. Kids develop the fine motor skills needed for manipulating a fork or spoon at different ages. Your little one will get it when he's ready. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

both of mine started at 10 months. i set the bowl down infront of my son one day and i turned my back and when i turned around to start feeding him.he was doing it hisself.my daughter she just took the spoon out of my hand..lol.

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM
7 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NNB
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Yea, he's been able to feed himself with hands, it's the spoon he's been frustrated with, so glad he's got it :)

Quoting eoewan:

My ds is 9 months old. I put his food on his tray of his highchair and he feeds himself. If it is a puree then I feed him. Kids develop the fine motor skills needed for manipulating a fork or spoon at different ages. Your little one will get it when he's ready. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)