Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

before taking in an animal....

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 26 Replies
7 moms liked this
Before santa brings your lo's a new animal or you take in an animal, make sure you have the time for it! An animal id not an accesory, it is not a new toy that can be loved for a month and then ignored. Think about how hectic your life is and factor in the time an animal needs. If you are not sure you have the time then wait! If moneys tight and you can not afford grooming.. Vet costs... Food! Then guess what...WAIT! Yes this is a spin off post. /end rant.......for now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, I have run a rabbit rescue for several years, when someone turns in a rabbit the "reason" I hear almost every time is "We don't have time to take care of it anymore."

nerdymom28
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Agreed 100%! I've done posts in the past about this. I feel strongly that if you can't commit the next 10+ years of your life to a pet, you have no business getting one. That includes food, grooming, vet costs - and your time and love. (Of course they don't all have such long life spans, but you catch my drift.)

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Agreed!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I hate when people do this. I have a niece who would get a puppy..then realize it needed potty trained, would chew things up, etc...then get rid of it. Then do it all over again and again.  One of them..I took. (she's 5 now)

We get pets and keep them until they get old and pass away.  lol one of our cats is 18...she's still going strong, she just cant see too well anymore.

poshkat

amen!! when i worked in a pet store we had to put a ban on people buying rabbits around easter. they would buy them and than decided they didn't want them and try to bring them back or set them free in the cemeteries.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM

BUMP!

Acid

I agree.

You will find people that don't, however.

clemmy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

you rock

ChocolateJunky
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I agree. Dh once came home a week before my second child was due with a puppy. I was so mad. Not to mention I was in prodromal labor for the entire week leading up to dd's delivery. He swore up and down that he would take care of her (Dh has a huge soft spot for rescue dogs), yet I was the one scrubbing the floors in between nursing sessions and play time with ds. I love dogs, I love animals, but I DO NOT want any pets right now. I don't have the time for it. Dh learned his lesson (I hope) and we found a good home for the puppy. I still can't believe he did that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)