Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i lied to my son on purpose and i dont feel bad about it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
He just turned 3yrs old and he is not potty trained. It is completely my fault I know. I work full time and so does his dad so we have no time to be with him all day and try to potty train him. Lately he and I have worked hard on porrty training from the time i get home til the bed time. We haven't been very successful because I must admit I do not keep up with it :( so this week I told him that he will no longer wear diapers. I said he needs big boy underpants. He already has some but since I don't keep up with it he only wears them sometimes. Then I told him Santa Claus will not bring him any presents at all if he doesn't tell mommy he has to go pee in the toilet and poop. So that's the lie. He was sad because like every kid he has been asking for everything the commercials show. Yesterday I was off from work and he actually did it. He came to me 2x to say he had to pee and we ran to the toilet and he went. Yay. Victory for one day he also told his dad he had to poop. Turns out the Santa lie is working because everytime he went he kept asking if Santa was happy. I said yes he is happy but you have to keep telling me ok. No accidents yesterday but today I am back at work. I hope he tells his baby sitter that he has to pee and I hope she takes him if not I don't know how much longer it will be before he is potty trained.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

awww dont feel bad about lieing, sometimes ya gotta do it.

as for potty training, i would first start taking him every hour to the toilet.  even if he says he doesnt have to go, thats a good start for him. dont wait for him to tell you he has to go,he might not have a lot of time to hold it.  GL hon

DevinAnnesmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Don't feel bad. If you think about it, Santa is a lie in and of itself, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. He actually was good about telling me he had to go but yes I will take him every hour.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

awww dont feel bad about lieing, sometimes ya gotta do it.

as for potty training, i would first start taking him every hour to the toilet.  even if he says he doesnt have to go, thats a good start for him. dont wait for him to tell you he has to go,he might not have a lot of time to hold it.  GL hon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Yes but I felt bad because he actually thinks Santa will be mad at him if he doesn't go. Idk but I only have 4 more days to use this so I will lol

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Don't feel bad. If you think about it, Santa is a lie in and of itself, lol.

soulawakening82
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Meh, whatever works! But why hasn't the babysitter helped at all with potty training?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)