Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swear Words?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm just wondering why so many people swear? Don't you know how to use other words to describe you emotions or feelings without swearing? I think a lot of teenagers use that type of language to feel more grown up or act like some of their friends. I think it shows a sign of ignorance and lack of respect for yourself. My husband nor I ever swear and can't even imagine cussing around or to my children. I can't believe how some of the ladies talk on here and makes me feel bad for their kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I agree! Me and dh don't swear and we don't allow our kids to either. I've never seen the need!

kidlover2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Ehhh... I say bloody hell all the time. A word is a word and when it's said in frustration, it's always a curse word. If you say Oh cupcake! after slamming your finger in the door, you just swore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I will say Oh Dog Biscuits and that sounds much better than the F word.
lucsch
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I agree. We'd all look more grown-up without swearing on here. It is hard to take some of these girls seriously.

wumbo
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the word moist should be deemed a swear word. And ignorance. Ignorance should be a swear word. People use it incorrectly so often it's a disgrace. 

AlekD
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I agree. I come from a non-swearing home (not because of strict rules or anything we just...didn't swear) but DH does it all the time and it makes me feel uncomfortable because he does it just casually but in my mind swearing automatically signifies anger. I wish he would stop :( He does a bit better now that we have a baby but...he still does it a lot. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM

So you using dog biscuits in place of fuck is different than someone using shit instead of poop? I don't see how one word or phrase makes you more intelligent or mature. It's just a word. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I will say Oh Dog Biscuits and that sounds much better than the F word.

Tammi4
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I agree! I don't understand why so many feel the need to swear either. Lack of vocabulary maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySally
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a wide vocabulary, I also swear like a sailor. I think cuss words are funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I used to when I was a teenager and it was because I thought it made me sound cool. Now I realize how stupid I sounded and wish I could go back take it back lol. I'll let a word slip VERY rarely if I really hurt myself or something, but other than that I have a big enough vocabulary to not have to use those words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)