Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of the "home wrecking victim" post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

are ALL relationships involving older men and younger girls considered a form of rape?  i just cant get with that.  i know that as a teen i pursued the older men.  i wouldnt stop until i got what i wanted, them!  

so my question is this, did you like older men?  did you date any older men?  if you did, do you feel like you were taken advantage of?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I dated an older man.He wanted a young trophy girl friend. I wanted a rich older guy.It was a mutually beneficial relationship.

angevil53
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I never dated older men. I didn't have daddy issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

when i was a teenager i continuosly slept with a 30-something year old man. he was amazing, and i still talk to him to this day. he was a huge part of my teen years, but he was always kept secret. i don't see a problem with pursuing older men. unless they're molesters, now that's different. this man wasn't a molester. and he made me feel so special, and we passionately loved each other.

no i never felt taken advantage of. we were in love with each other. but sadly the age difference made it difficult and i couldn't tell anybody about him.

i always tell him that if i'm not married by the time i'm 40 then we will get married :]

Fairegirl33
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

no i never really liked older men... well maybe a year or 2 older but im assuming that isn't at all what we are talking about.

i still don't like older men..

sampson200
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

A college friend of mine was always attracted to older men.

As in, she was 15-22 and would date men in their 50s.....she pursued them.

Now, it wasn't right that they 'agreed' or 'gave in' to a teenager flirting and being obvious in her desires towards them, but come on.........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

When I was 15 I dated a guy that was 25.  He was a loser and only went for younger girls.  He was charged with statutory rape because he had consentual sex with a 13yr old.  I think guys that age that go for young teens are sick...I didn't back then obviously.

Josie_P
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM

If everyone is legal age and consenting, fine by me. My dh is 6 years older than me. Not extremely older than me. I know a 28-year-old married to a 54-year-old. They met when she was 25. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I'm 32 now and if I went for a way older man he'd have some seriously saggy balls...lol.

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I waited until I was an adult before I went for the older men.  I was kinda freaked out by dating guys older than I was in high school.  College helped me open up a lot more.  LOL  DH is 10 years older than I am.  

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I did date older men. Not that old. The biggest age difference was my husband. I think what really comes into play here is more parental supervision and an open and honest relationship with your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)