Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart ring s/o

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 31 Replies
Does it matter to you how much your SO spent on your ring? Why/why not?

My ring was from the PX where DH graduated basic training. We had been together 3 years when he enlisted, but he refused to propose until he was sure he could support a family. He paid under $200 for it (the money he earned in basic was sent to his parents because WE owed them quite a bit back then)

He proposed to me the week he got home, early one morning, after telling me he could watch me get ready everyday for the rest of his life, with nothing more than a silver band. That was 6 years ago. :)
Best day ever.

I still have (AND WEAR!) that band, even though I have since gotten something that he considers to be suitable. Lol. I would have happily worn it forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't matter to me.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

beerebelly
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh was making pretty good money at the time he proposed so yes I expected him to not go to Walmart.

macysmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Mine is from Walmart, we were broke as a joke then. I still wear it because it reminds me of why we are together and in love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I paid for my ring, so I would have beat him to death if I gave him $2500 and he went to Walmart!
P.N._Guin
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Cute <3

Quoting macysmom:

Mine is from Walmart, we were broke as a joke then. I still wear it because it reminds me of why we are together and in love.
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I could care less where my ring came from. I'm not materialistic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I don't care. 

Aleta775
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't expect my dh to spend a lot of money. However, I did want him to buy a ring that would be guaranteed if it was damaged, or if a stone came loose. Places like Wal-mart do not stand behind their jewelry or give you guarantees for the life of the ring like a real jeweler. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

mines from a pawn shop ... and it doesnt matter

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was free. His Grandma had loose diamonds so she had them placed in a setting for me. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)