Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever need a break...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ever need a break and let your husband deal with the kiddos for an hour or two BUT...all you hear is kids having tantrums ????? It annoys me to the core that I can't get peace and quiet. No...I can't go anywhere, it's snowing. I know nobody in this town...don't go to bars...the library sucks here and now I'm getting sick of Starbucks. LOL / Sigh

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I need a break ALL the time. I told DH that recently (I haven't been away from DD2 who's 9 months for more than 30 minutes!), and he goes "Well I guess we won't have anymore kids!!!" and I just kinda looked at him like he had 3 heads. The hell does that have to do with anything? Jerk.

But yes, I always need a break...I'm tired of being tired, tired of tantrums, tired of a 9 month old using me as a jungle gym...

lnrmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

That's why I go to work everyday. Teehee

AylinsMom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm working on that. LOL ..jobs are slow around this town but I'm working on it. lol

Quoting lnrmom:

That's why I go to work everyday. Teehee

Alyia72
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM

LOL i must be the super deluxe version of the jungle gym I have 3 18 month olds climbing on me all day long... And yes I need a break too and I take one every morning before hubby goes to work.  I go to the store every morning I would go insane taking care of the girls alone if I didnt.  And if I call him I hear crying constantly or my oldest throwing a fit lol.  Gives him just a taste of what I go through every day while hes out working.

Quoting robibuni:

I need a break ALL the time. I told DH that recently (I haven't been away from DD2 who's 9 months for more than 30 minutes!), and he goes "Well I guess we won't have anymore kids!!!" and I just kinda looked at him like he had 3 heads. The hell does that have to do with anything? Jerk.

But yes, I always need a break...I'm tired of being tired, tired of tantrums, tired of a 9 month old using me as a jungle gym...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

kimbotspot
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Eh sometimes but not really. I chose to stay home and care for them so i try to complain as little as possible. Although my favorite time of the day is when everyone is asleep so dh and i get to cuddle on the couch and watch some tv together without a baby yelling at us every 3 minutes lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AylinsMom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM

me thinks one day you may suffer from burn out. I'm a sahm too. If the other person has a paying job then they get lunch breaks, holidays etc. You need a break too.

Quoting kimbotspot:

Eh sometimes but not really. I chose to stay home and care for them so i try to complain as little as possible. Although my favorite time of the day is when everyone is asleep so dh and i get to cuddle on the couch and watch some tv together without a baby yelling at us every 3 minutes lol

kimbotspot
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really for dh. We own a business. And its not a cubicle kinda job. When hes actually at work its nonstop. But he also doesnt have to work the normal 9-5 which is really nice so he is home alot more than the average working dad i think

Quoting AylinsMom:

me thinks one day you may suffer from burn out. I'm a sahm too. If the other person has a paying job then they get lunch breaks, holidays etc. You need a break too.

Quoting kimbotspot:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I have always worked breaks into my week.      You should join a gym.  I loved going to the gym when my kids were young and I still do.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I remember those days.  *** Hugs ****

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Sleeper hold. Knock them kids out.

I get breaks. DF can sense when ds is driving me crazy and he will take him to the park or something. "Lets give mommy some alone time" he says... I fucking love that man :)

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)