Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone going to be afraid to go to bed tonight because of the "end of the world"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you worried?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

Cognitively I realize that this doesn't really have much to back it up. The Mayans or Nostradamus never clearly stated the world was ending or even a path or reasoning to why or how it would do so. I understand that it is silly to believe this will happen tomorrow I also get that in a few parts of the world it is already the 21st, but I heard that this based on the time zones that the mayans are from so it still hasn't technically been the time of destruction yet.

Anyway I realistically assume that tomorrow will just be another day, but the less logical part of me is still going to be scared until the time its supposed to happen passes, in my time zone its tomorrow morning at 6:12 am I believe. Anyone going to have a hard time sleeping or doing anything until the day and time pass?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also afraid that even if the world does end (which i'm pretty sure it wont') I am afraid of the nuts who believe it will, that they will think hey the world is ending so there are no consequences and will do something crazy

weirdkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM

hey its tomorrow in nz and im still getting facebook posts from friends over there..... i think we will be fine

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  But SO is in town so we probably wont be sleeping much anyway.  If the end comes, I'll get on cafemom asap and let y'all know :)

sydjademom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM

No, I am not worried. If on the slightest chance the end of the world really is tomorrow, I've lived a very happy fulfilled life up until this point, so if i'm gonna go out i'd rather go out with my family together, and happy. Although I 100% do NOT believe the end of the world is tomorrow!

Pnukey
by Jenn on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm looking forward to going to bed because I get to sleep in tomorrow! The kids are finally on Christmas break after today, so there will be no more alarm clocks for a while. YAY! YAY! YAY!

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm not afraid the world is going to end (it won't) but I am afraid that people are gonna go bat shit crazy and do fucked up shit (they will.)

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

My view if the world is going to end, it is going to end. There is nothing I can do about it. So I am just going to enjoy my life and not worry about it.

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Hell no!! I need my sleep!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dawnzilla
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM

It's already tomorrow in Australia.. And they're good. Google what the modern day survivors of the Maya have to say.. It's the beginning of a new ERA.. The world is changing, not "ending"!!

ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM

no i'll sleep just fine, simply because I'm soooooo tired....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)