Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be upset if your mom...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok, so my mom and my oldest son share the same birthday(Dec 21st). My mom doesn't drive and I'm throwing a family only birthday party tomorrow. I've offered to go get her (she lives 2 hours away) tonight because she said she wanted to be here. Well she sends me a message giving me all these excuses as to why she can't come tomorrow.... Then she finally admits it's because a "friend" (Loosely termed because she doesn't even like this person.) is magically throwing her a birthday party tomorrow. Would you be upset or hurt about this? We're super close so I don't think being estranged is an issue. We talk everyday. I'm really hurt :( I usually do something for her too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya, I'd be upset that she already made the commitment to go and blew me off for someone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I miss my mom so bad. I was twenty when she died. I don't know what I would do. Best of luck. 

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I would be really upset. :(

Try to let it go though. Enjoy your baby's birthday and your family. (((HUGS)))

jaytee
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Yes I'd be upset
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Yes, I would be. I think its so kind of you to throw her a party. Idk why she'd pick a party thrown by someone she doesn't like over her daughter? Maybe you could ask her why? Tell your son happy bday...its my bday too! :) yay doomsday babies lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Quoting louzannalady:

I miss my mom so bad. I was twenty when she died. I don't know what I would do. Best of luck. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I'm really trying to let it all go, we've set up all his stuff after he went to bed. I just can't get passed the fact that she isn't coming and to top it off she wrote me apologizing but said that I somehow told her that I changed plans? And that she will be spending her birthday with her friend and SO and that my mom and her SO aren't even getting along right now. I just can't even fathom not being there for any of my grandchildren's birthdays kwim? Idk one of my sisters are coming and the other is going to my moms. I feel so torn.

Quoting WheelerWife:

I would be really upset. :(

Try to let it go though. Enjoy your baby's birthday and your family. (((HUGS)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Will do, thanks haha and Happy early Birthday to you too!

Quoting LiDoMama:

Yes, I would be. I think its so kind of you to throw her a party. Idk why she'd pick a party thrown by someone she doesn't like over her daughter? Maybe you could ask her why? Tell your son happy bday...its my bday too! :) yay doomsday babies lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)