Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On the verge of a nervous breakdown...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I'm going anon for this but I'm sure some of you may figure out who I am.

My confession is I feel like I'm about to lose it. I'm thinking about going to check myself in for inpatient psych treatment. I don't have insurance though so Idk if they would keep me.

I'm extremely stressed to the point that it is messing with my health. I have constant migraine headaches and recently started having irregular heart beats along with panic attacks. I'm always very tensed up to the point where I'm clenching my teeth so tight that my jaws start to hurt before I notice that I'm doing it. I know I'm extremely depressed and I'm having thoughts of doing something horrible. I would never hurt my child but I'm finding it easier and easier to accept death for myself. It doesn't even scare me any more to die. The only thing that scares me is leaving my son because he is special needs and I know no one will care for him like I do.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Surely there's some sort of resource for the uninsured.

Hope you can find some peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jyofray
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Are u a single mom? If you need some serious help call the crisis line and talk to someone and they could find you help.. you don't HAVE to be admitted... i hope you in the long run are okay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I've actually called cps on myself and they said that they don't offer that type of help and refered me to ASK and the autism society. Those places can't do anything for me. That was months ago though.

Quoting jyofray:

Are u a single mom? If you need some serious help call the crisis line and talk to someone and they could find you help.. you don't HAVE to be admitted... i hope you in the long run are okay.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Please seek help. If you have someone that can watch your son then check yourself in. If not, then please call tomorrow to get therapy. You need it. As for not having insurance, they will work with you.

jyofray
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM
There is a crisis hotline, call it and they will find you help. Give me a second and I will give it to you. You can find help... trust me.
jyofray
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1800 273 8255 and if you were in any way affiliated with the military , spouse, parent there is MilitaryOne Source as well. If you tell me what state I am sure I could find you something
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)