Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gun Ban?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Do you support it?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM

No.

-bliss-
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Nope
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto3B
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would personally be very happy if no one had a gun. That said, I know that my position is unrealistic. I do hope however that bans are put in place on the type of weaponary that belongs in the hands of the military, assault rifles etc. 

What I would really hope for is the end of our "gun culture". We cannot continue to be a society that lovers our weapons more then our citizens. 

harpsichord
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I will add that I have a lot of mixed feelings on the whole thing. I feel safer with a gun in the house. It's probably a cultural thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM

No, I don't think it would have prevented Newtown or Aurora. If people want to kill people they will find a way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM

yes!

krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No, because of recent events, I am going to be getting a permit to carry a weapon. I will not be caught with my pants down, so to speak, if god forbid, something happens and I need to protect my children or myself in an emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Quoting momto3B:

I would personally be very happy if no one had a gun. That said, I know that my position is unrealistic. I do hope however that bans are put in place on the type of weaponary that belongs in the hands of the military, assault rifles etc. 

What I would really hope for is the end of our "gun culture". We cannot continue to be a society that lovers our weapons more then our citizens. 

But we don't. All of my reasons for owning a gun come down to the fact that I love my family and want them to be safe/fed.

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

No, I think It would cause mass chaos among the populace. I don't want to see my country ripped into civil war. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)