Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't drink that much water. :/ vent

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 26 Replies

i had one kidney stone, it was pretty big that it was removed surgically. i explained to my doctor that i took a prescription medication called zyprexa which made me gain a ton of weight,didn't have the best diet and had gained a lot of weight and that's when the kidney stone started. it was mostly sodium. i was eating out a ton, and not watching what i ate when i made food at home, and drank a ton of soda. he said it "had nothing to do with it"

i lost all the weight and went back to my original weight 105pds. now he wants me to drink 3 liters of water a day and cut salt out all together. i have no issues with cutting salt out all together. i hardly eat out and the food i make i don't add salt into it. i stopped making boxed food except for very rarely. everything is fresh or frozen veggies (i checked the labels, no sodium), baked instead of fried,  hardly any fried foods (i made home fries once a week) the works.

i explained to him,i weigh 105 pds, i am 5'0  if i drink 3 liters of water a day, i wont eat. i did it for 2 days straight and did not eat once because the water filled me up. i called and explained to him and he said "build up to it" even if i build up to it i will still be full of water!!!! not only am i full of water, i am peeing constantly (which is good but i literally live in the bathroom now), its starting to disturb my life, i have to stop half way to the store and run into some place to pee, and than when i get to the store, when i leave the store, half way home, when i get home, 10 minutes later and than 10 minutes later again....you get the point.

i started looking for a new urologist and have to find one before feb which is when my next appt is. i am so frustrated. when i went after my surgery for the 2 week check up, he treated me like a moron. he spoke to me like i was a 5 year old and i  left in tears. i have no intention of going back to him, i fully intend on finding a different urologist who won't treat me like im an idiot.

vent over.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Drink 8oz every hour of water. Works for me and I'm 5'2".
poshkat
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i bought a 20oz reusable cup that i fill 2-3 times a day but its still a lot for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Bummer girl. Hope something works out for you.

poshkat
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM

thanks. my search for a urologist continues. he's apparently "the best" and i was "soooooo lucky i got in there!!!"

Quoting littlesippycup:

Bummer girl. Hope something works out for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Yeah I know how you feel. Also eat some crackers with your water. That way you don't feel constantly full.

Quoting poshkat:

i bought a 20oz reusable cup that i fill 2-3 times a day but its still a lot for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I had this rad two liter glass bottle for a while and I finished it every day. I'm breastfeeding and 5'7" and finishing two a day (four liters) was difficult. Your dr is a bone head! Maybe if you measure out your three liters for the day and just drink a small glass every hour and sip whenever you think of it you'll get through it easier? Idk, saying your diet didn't affect your health was beyond stupid.

Ot, but if you have Netflix you should check out Hungry for Change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Make sure you eat in the morning that'll help l. I too have kidney stones. They suck.
nellyb118
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I'm your size and gave no issues drinking that much but I am used to drinking water. I find that drinking water with Mio or crystal light makes it much easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM
It'll get better with time. Your body will adjust. I know it doesn't feel like it, but it will. Took me a good month before I wasn't peeing every 10 minutes. I don't get stones, but I am very prone to uti's.
poshkat
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

thanks, i do have netflix! i like my 20oz cup, i bought especially for this and keeps the water cool for me. i am just so frustrated that he didn't listen to me!! my husband thought it was excessive too.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I had this rad two liter glass bottle for a while and I finished it every day. I'm breastfeeding and 5'7" and finishing two a day (four liters) was difficult. Your dr is a bone head! Maybe if you measure out your three liters for the day and just drink a small glass every hour and sip whenever you think of it you'll get through it easier? Idk, saying your diet didn't affect your health was beyond stupid.

Ot, but if you have Netflix you should check out Hungry for Change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)