Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel SOO SUPER bad, but should i? edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I love my son VERY much. 

There are times though, because of all of the difficulties that I find myself fantaisying about my life had I not gotten pregnant. (not if I had aborted, but just not gotten pregnant at all) 

I was up for a promotion and now would be up for another promotion. (left my job to be a SAHM) I wouldnt have suffered through a horriable marrige (got married half way through the pregnancy to the guy I was dating for a couple of years,.. due to finances) He had become crazed when I got pregnant and became super abusive:C 

I feel that I would still have my body (FIT TONED and at a perfect weight!) now in the 150's..... :C And no longer an athlete or have any se,blance of that lifestyle left. I also feel that I would have my friends and my sanity....

AGAIN i LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE my son! Really i do! 

But i just cant seem to help it sometimes,.... This came up because another woman confideed in my friend and she made it known during our weekly play group. All of the other mothers were agasht at what a horriable person she is and must not really lover her children. WHICH REALLY MADE ME WONDER. ....

Is this type of daydreaming normal? Does anyone else feel this way sometimes?

(please keep posts respectful. And yes you can state your opinion in a respectful way)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
5 moms liked this

I think most people have "what if" moments. I don't think it makes you a bad person, nor do I think you want to be rid of your son.

You're just human, like the rest of us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I try to not regret anything because no matter what I have become a better, more mature person as a result. Yes I think about what-ifs but that doesn't matter, I was dealt this hand of cards and I will stick around and play the best I can with what I got.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Would have

Could have 

Should have

You made your choices. You picked to have your child. Embrace your child and move on with life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Normal. Whether they admit it or not everyone has thoughts about their life being different without their kids atleast once
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Your feelings are very normal but you know you can't change any of it now. Hug yourself and him and get on with life.

Bitterroot
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would you be passed up for a promotion as a mother versus otherwise?

Why can't you get your body back into shape with exercise?

Being a mother does and should change your life in lots of ways.  It's normal to feel a sense of loss for your old life pre-child.  But you are a mama now, and your life should be changed for the better, too.

How old is your child?  Are you suffering from PPD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I think about it and I see its better this way... I got pregnant on my 18th birthday by my boyfriend of 1 month!! i graduated and went through 6 years of college, 2 degrees, married(the father) and another baby.

Sometimes when I see someone "living the college life" I get jealous. I work at vs with a bunch of size 2 girls living in the dorm spending their whole check on stuff at vs. I sometimes feel like I missed out but I don't regret a thing and wouldn't change it if I had the chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yes this is how I feel too! like,..99.9% of the time....

Quoting Anonymous:

I try to not regret anything because no matter what I have become a better, more mature person as a result. Yes I think about what-ifs but that doesn't matter, I was dealt this hand of cards and I will stick around and play the best I can with what I got.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I wouldnt want to change anything, I was just wondering if this sort of musing was normal

Quoting littlesippycup:

Your feelings are very normal but you know you can't change any of it now. Hug yourself and him and get on with life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Thank you so much! This is how I feel too sometimes! When talking to other mothers though I often get the impression that I am the only one who has a lil bit of jealousy now and again. 

Quoting Anonymous:
Sometimes when I see someone "living the college life" I get jealous. I work at vs with a bunch of size 2 girls living in the dorm spending their whole check on stuff at vs. I sometimes feel like I missed out but I don't regret a thing and wouldn't change it if I had the chance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)