Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me, or is this heartbreaking???

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was just on youtube and a woman made a memorial video for the child victims of Sandy-Hook. She had gotten pictures of all the babies and set it to music. My problem is that this horrible man took these babies lives, and the song she picked is an upbeat version of Santa Claus is coming to town! I started crying thinking about how each of those kids was looking forward to Santa when this happened! I don't think the choice of music was appropriate at all! What do you all think?

Here it is

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Eesh. Tacky as hell if you ask me. Hey girlie...haven't seen you in awhile :)

Megan11587
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
It's sad, but they should be remembered as the happy children they were
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I think it may be her way of celebrating the childrens lives. That to me is beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been around. Just busy with the holidays and menopause....LOL!

Quoting DarksMama:

Eesh. Tacky as hell if you ask me. Hey girlie...haven't seen you in awhile :)

sampson200
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

That fucking morbid.

Ignore the choice of song.......

I would be insanely hurt and furious as a parent of one of these dead children; some random tart taking my child's picture and whoring it out on a fucking youtube video....fuuuuuuck.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM

It's not her making a memorial for the kids that bothers me. It's the song. It's too happy. Plus the whole Santa thing.....

Quoting sampson200:

That fucking morbid.

I would be insanely hurt and furious as a parent of one of these dead children; some random tart taking my child's picture and whoring it out on a fucking youtube video....fuuuuuuck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Not as morbid as you referring to them as "dead children". That's a little harsh IMO.

Quoting sampson200:

That fucking morbid.

sampson200
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Harsh? They are dead children; that is reality and what some mentally ill kid did to them.

Does passed into a shiny new heavenly kingdom make you feel better?

Good.

They're still gone from this world.

And making fucking youtube videos out of children's horrific deaths is morbid. Not the word 'dead', Anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not as morbid as you referring to them as "dead children". That's a little harsh IMO.

Quoting sampson200:

That fucking morbid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Not saying that the video isn't bad... I didn't watch it because it is too heartbreaking. Very odd to me to play Santa Claus Is Coming To Town for them. But I would have said "parents of the victims" maybe. "innocent children" maybe. "Dead children" just sounds wrong. Admit it.

Quoting sampson200:

Harsh? They are dead children; that is reality and what some mentally ill kid did to them.

Good.

And making fucking youtube videos out of children's horrific deaths is morbid. Not the word 'dead', Anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

That fucking morbid.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Why are you so hostile? I am sad about happened, you just sound cold.

Quoting sampson200:

Good.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sampson200:

That fucking morbid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)