Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get your judging hats on and come read this.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 42 Replies
Ok my brother is divorced and has a gf. Long story short, he cheated on his wife with the gf he is dating. He left wife and divorced her. Ok so yesterday the whole family went to a holiday concert that my niece (his youngest DD) was singing at. We took a picture and it has my mom, all nieces and nephew, my son, my brother and his ex wife. Only people missing was my sister and my husband. So I want to make it into a Christmas card and photo shop my sister and my dh in there so the whole family will be in it. I would love to post it on Facebook as my cover photo but do you this this will cause drama? I don't want drama. I have his gf as a friend on fb and though she was the whore, my brother has been divorced for a year already so I guess my family has accepted the fact that she is around. We don't love it but its not our choice. So I still consider my ex sil as a family member because she is not only the mother of 2 of my nieces but also my nephew and on top of that she is my sons God mother. I really want to do this but I want no drama so should I just do it or do you think I will get bashed for it? Oh I should mention my sil was invited to my sons birthday party last week and she went. The gf wasn't invited because I wanted to avoid any confrontation well the Gf was so upset that she got mad at my brother for like 3 days and my brother told me he felt bad leaving her out. Now like I said my ex sil is my sons God mother so that's why she was invited. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM
7 moms liked this
I would post it and I think your brother's gf needs to grow up. Obviously you aren't just going to toss out your brother's ex just because he decided he didn't want to be with her. She is still family and the mother of you nieces and nephew.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I think the same but unfortunately she made a huge deal of the birthday party that I just don't want to hear it from her again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would post it and I think your brother's gf needs to grow up. Obviously you aren't just going to toss out your brother's ex just because he decided he didn't want to be with her. She is still family and the mother of you nieces and nephew.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Sounds like no matter what you do, you're going to have problems and drama. I do however commend you for not shutting out your ex sil. It's sad when people divorce and the ex wife or husband is then not considered family anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaveFaith1215
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I would do it and just tell her to stop being a slut and STFU. 

O dam - did I just say that outloud..... 

No, seriously, you probably would create tension, even though morally, you are within rights. Would  you consider photoshoping the pic like you want, but perhaps zoom in on 2-3 faces for your FB avi? I don't have a FB so I don't know how pics work on there now.  But, in short, yea - it probably would create drama. So sorry. That situation really sucks.. *hugz* to your ex-Sil 

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the type of people they are. I would probably avoid it because of the potential drama but I dont really think its wrong. Maybe give your brother a heads up?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I think photoshopping in missing members is tacky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Block her from seeing your posts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM

do the photo.. get a nice frame.. and display it in your house.  i wouldn't do fb with it

pampire
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Your FB page, your photo. ExSIL is still family to you and gf needs to deal with it.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Yeah my family did not put her aside. We are still family. My brother messes up big time but we can't do anything about that. We just want my nieces and nephew to keep feeling like we are all a family.

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

Sounds like no matter what you do, you're going to have problems and drama. I do however commend you for not shutting out your ex sil. It's sad when people divorce and the ex wife or husband is then not considered family anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)