Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

such an effing headache!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
my bf's birthday party is this sunday. We've had it booked for weeks at his fave vegan restaurant. (we're both vegan) his entire fam is invited, of course. His family think living a vegan lifestyle is weird and that we don't eat "real" food. We found out that his mom asked the owner of the restaurant (locally owned) if she could bring pizzas. Owner said absolutely not. His mom tonight goes on and on saying that its "unfair" to not fulfill the "dietary needs" of his family. No one in his family has dietary needs or allergies. They just don't want to eat food that isn't a dead animal coated in cheese. NOT TO MENTION when his family throws parties, they don't provide food for us to eat. They just look at us and say "i guess there's nothing for you to eat." thanks. -__- ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Breamarkable
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I'm sorry. Maybe do something else afterwards?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM
we planned on it. His family is just going to walk around the restaurant saying that they're so hungry but there's nothing to eat... When its a fully catered shindig.

Quoting Breamarkable:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Eh. Screw them. It's a celebration for your BF's birthday.It's about him, not them. They can stop and get fast food on the way home.

Breamarkable
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM
That's just absolutely ridiculous.

Quoting Groove:

we planned on it. His family is just going to walk around the restaurant saying that they're so hungry but there's nothing to eat... When its a fully catered shindig.

Quoting Breamarkable:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I think for the sake of their son's birthday they should just go and enjoy the dinner!  How long have you been vegan?  I need some advice--we have friends coming for New Years dinner and one of the wives is Vegan.  I want to make sure she has a nice meal to but I am totally drawing a blank!

Groove
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM
i have been vegan for a yr. There are a ton of different types of food for feasts. It depends on her tastes, honestly. Some vegans are very anti soy and others don't like "replacement" meats.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I think for the sake of their son's birthday they should just go and enjoy the dinner!  How long have you been vegan?  I need some advice--we have friends coming for New Years dinner and one of the wives is Vegan.  I want to make sure she has a nice meal to but I am totally drawing a blank!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)