Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I ungrateful? My feelings are hurt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I don't care about Christmas. It's about the kids!! Last year we were doing really good and DH and I exchanged gifts. I put a lot of thought into his gifts but nothing overly expensive.... Like I ordered him a SOA shirt on line that I'd never seen before. Well he got me a bunch if little things 3 pandora charms and coach sneakers.
He keeps saying how he did so much better then me and how much he spent on me. So this year were not hurting but we have 2 kids now and he went out and spent $200 on me when we couldn't really afford it and he's mad theres nothing for him to open on Christmas but I found something price reasonable that I can get him and he said since I got 2 things and he's only getting one he wants me to open one now.... So I do and it's a new pair of coach shoes and I'm so excited until he says "see I'm so much better at paying gifts then you!!" I know he doesn't realize how bad he hurts my feelings and that I don't even care about the presents but he does(spoiled only child syndrome)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Just say yes hun yes you are so much better at gift giving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Give him a lump of coal

Jcothrine
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

sounds like he ruins Christmas for you by lording over you how much he spends etc..... doesn't make it very fun ..in my opinion.......

my hubby is usually the one who gets shortchanged on gits here... but his mommy does always get him something good...

he was raised as pretty much an only child.......

he has a much much younger sister..like 20 something years younger..and a younger brother but they grew up with his father..and he grew up with his mom....

JC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM
He also got 3 new pairs of sneaks in the past week
yikesitsmindy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

He sounds like a tool.... Sorry mama. Is he involved in bill paying at all?

boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him since he thinks he is king of gifting, he should buy his own gift.   He is missing the most important factor......it is the THOUGHT that counts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM
100% he works full time and I'm seasonal

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

He sounds like a tool.... Sorry mama. Is he involved in bill paying at all?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

You're husband would get a foot to the balls if I were you. :/ He sounds like a snotty asshat and I would tell him to STFU because I don't want my children to grow up and behave that way.

I_love_doritos
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Send me the soa tee shirt dh woukd love it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I ended up wearing it half the year and then he cut the sleeves and wears it to the gym now

Quoting I_love_doritos:

Send me the soa tee shirt dh woukd love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)