Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i never breast fed my little one ...so i have a question for you all.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

say a woman is telling her ex that she is breast feeding her 1 month old , hence why he can not feed him. (she is also telling him that she is not pumping as it 'deters' milk flow). 

they go to court , where they are at for 4 hours ...she does not have the baby.

Man than asks for a bottle his next visit , and is told that the baby is 'not' being bottle fed ...and is only given a bottle when he is being 'topped' up with formula mixed in with breast milk...

We are trying to figure out what the heck is the logical answer here , because she is not giving straight out answers. 

What would you say is going on?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I did not breast feed, so here's a bump. Does nt make munch sense to me.

Byrd15
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I only breast fed for 3 months.
But I don't understand your question.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like excuses to me. Unless she brought baby with her to the courthouse (or at least near enough to nurse, she's giving bottles. Also, if she's "topping off" baby after nursing she won't be nursing long.
MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Btw- I nurse exclusively. No bottles at all. But it's because I can't pump much and we don't use formula. Always straight from the tap
ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

she is just trying to get the dad to not see the child. either she is or isn't givinga bottleand it sounds like she is. and is getting caught in her lies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Excuses

She can pump after baby is done and save that milk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
It is my understanding that this is common practice - that the fathers do not get overnight visitation until the child is weaned or about a year. Makes sense to me. Is that what you wanted to know?
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM
This....I know when DD2 was a month old she waa eating like every two hours.

And for me, at least, pumping increased my milke. I was like a damn cow. At least 4 ozs from each every time....

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Sounds like excuses to me. Unless she brought baby with her to the courthouse (or at least near enough to nurse, she's giving bottles. Also, if she's "topping off" baby after nursing she won't be nursing long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I'm bf my 1 month old today I didn't have any pumped and had to run to the dr but couldn't take the kid as he is sick at the moment and has to stay by the humidifier. I fed him before I left and ran out the door long story short I was gone 4.5 hrs baby was fine he didn't even fuss but it still broke my heart not leaving food for him.
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Yeah I do not understand that either sounds like lies to me. I mean if she is not pumping how is she 'topping off' with a mix of formula AND BM?

I bf my twins for about 3 months but my flow was not enough for them so I switched to ff but I did bottle feed when I pumped because when both woke up at night crying I had to tend to both so I would rotate who got bottle and who got breast each feeding!

This baby I will strictly bf!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)