Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATEWell thats just f***ing irritating..

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
  • 49 Replies

Yesterday while we were walking in the parking lot of our complex to our car, we saw a lady trying to get this big 'ol Gorilla Box out of her trunk. She asked SO if he'd help her, so he said sure. 

He didn't realize that while carrying it, it was smashing his phone's screen. The phone will turn on, it will ring, but the screen is smashed to hell & you can't see anything but purple lines. He HAS to have a phone so that his work (Air Force) can get ahold of him. So we went directly to sprint & they said they'd have a replacement here today. 

Well, its kind of getting late so Glenn checked the tracking number & it said it was delivered & left on our porch at 5pm. We were home at 5pm. No one ever knocked, rang the doorbell, nothing. And the package isn't there.

I asked my neighbor if maybe they accidentally left it with her (because they did that with the package my mom sent last week) & she said she hasn't seen it. 

How fucking hard it is to ring a door bell? I mean, it takes 1/2 a second. So now someone has a brand new Galaxy S3. And SO still doesn't have a phone. -_- 
*For the record, he did call the squadron to let them know what happened & to have them call my phone if they need him, but it won't do a lot of good while I'm at work... 

EDIT: Obviously we are trying to get in touch with Fed Ex & Sprint to let them know. Was just venting. If you don't like that I'm venting, its not really hard to click the back button.. 

UPDATE: We finally got the package. Turns out he dropped it off at a completely different address, went back, picked it up, and brought it back. 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Can you call and get another replacement for free wouldn't the delivery company be liable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Leave your phone at home?

Id be raising heck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I hate when they don't ring the bell and they just leave the box at the door and this time of year that shouldn't happen
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Call the company and the shipping company.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

sorry .......

i thought i didn't get a package last week and it was really here.. maybe one of your kids brought it in?

i don't know how old they are......

but i had called and gotten a refund....and now i don't know what to do...

i had also ordered another one... so now i have two..one i paid for and one i didn't....

surfgrl60
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Ok? so just buy a new one from the store and have it taken care of that day.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I thought for most cell phone companies when a phone is delievered someone has to be home for a signature on it, otherwise they leave a piece of paper saying when they will be back to drop it off or  you can pick it up at ups or wherever it is. I would call your cell phone company and see if this is required...and if it is, then whoever delievered it is in big trouble!

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Quoting Justine1123:

Can you call and get another replacement for free wouldn't the delivery company be liable?

He's trying too. Its just irritating that 1) FedEx was so rushed that they couldn't even ring the bell and that 2) someone would steal right off our porch. 

egbkeb
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I know what you mean! I've been doing a lot of online Xmas shopping this year & people just leave shit right in front of my door which is about 3 ft from the public sidewalk! No knock, doorbell NOTHING! One day I was walking in from my car and spotted a wrinkled up white bag caught in a bush by my house. I grabbed it to throw it in my trash can & then realized it was my daughters earrings I bought! Grr! Call & bitch!!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Yesterday while we were walking in the parking lot of our complex to our car, we saw a lady trying to get this big 'ol Gorilla Box out of her trunk. She asked SO if he'd help her, so he said sure. 

He didn't realize that while carrying it, it was smashing his phone's screen. The phone will turn on, it will ring, but the screen is smashed to hell & you can't see anything but purple lines. He HAS to have a phone so that his work (Air Force) can get ahold of him. So we went directly to sprint & they said they'd have a replacement here today. 

Well, its kind of getting late so Glenn checked the tracking number & it said it was delivered & left on our porch at 5pm. We were home at 5pm. No one ever knocked, rang the doorbell, nothing. And the package isn't there.

I asked my neighbor if maybe they accidentally left it with her (because they did that with the package my mom sent last week) & she said she hasn't seen it. 

How fucking hard it is to ring a door bell? I mean, it takes 1/2 a second. So now someone has a brand new Galaxy S3. And SO still doesn't have a phone. -_- 
*For the record, he did call the squadron to let them know what happened & to have them call my phone if they need him, but it won't do a lot of good while I'm at work... 

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Quoting surfgrl60:

Ok? so just buy a new one from the store and have it taken care of that day.

Well, Idk about you, but we don't have hundreds of extra dollars to drop on another phone, when they can replace it for free.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)