Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a SUPER Mommy Bitch!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 68 Replies
3 moms liked this

I had a bitchy mommy moment at McDonald's today. I took dd there to the play place thing, because she was bouncing off of the walls. I just needed to take her somewhere so she could get rid of her energy. She had a great day at preschool today, and she was a little keyed up.

There was a little boy there, I would guess to be about six years old, that kept sitting at the end of the tube slide. There were A LOT of children at this place. Because that little boy sat and stayed at the end of the tube slide, no one could get out. So the kids that were trying to slide down, were backing up the tube. This little boy did it several times, and the kids would finally be able to push him out of the way to get out. Dd was getting stuck in this slide, and it was starting to piss my off. I looked around and noticed that other parents were getting concerned, but no one was saying anything. As a parent, you can recognize that look you know? It's that look of concern, but uncertainty of what to do. 

About the seventh time dd got stuck in the tube (and yes I counted) because of this kid, I decided enough was enough. I stood up and said VERY loudly, "Excuse me. I don't mean to be rude, but there is little boy that keeps sitting at the end of slide and the children cannot get out. Can someone please attend to him?" The father of the little boy went over and got him. He scolded him, and gave him a time out. The whole time, I'm shaking head to toe. It wasn't until I spoke that I realized just how mad I was. I know what I said, but I'm not aware of how I sounded. It must have been bad though because the whole place got really quiet. I sat down trembling and had to take several deep breaths. At that moment another mom sitting near me leans over and says, "Thank you." I instantly felt better. I wasn't the only one that thought about saying something.

I know I probably didn't handle that in the most stellar way, but my poor kid could have gotten hurt by all those kids smooched together in that tube. I was so mad, that it didn't occur to me at that moment to say something to management. Oh well, too late now. 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aleta775
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Bump!

Aleta775
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM

BUMP!

Aleta775
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM

BUMP!

Aleta775
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

BUMP!

brittany208

Thats funny. I probably would have just said something to the kid. But I'm a teacher--I'm used to yelling at kids. lol.

Aleta775

BUMP!

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate when people don't watch their kids at places like that. Good for you mama. I'm impressed that you addressed the parent and not the child. That was the adult thing to do. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Lol, it was nerves making you shake... Speaking up infront of all those people..
Good for you tho:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minnesotamommie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM
You handled it fine the kids dad should have been paying attention. If I had been there I would have probably said something like "thank goodness someone had the balls to speak up because I sure don't"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Presley77
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Personally I think you handled that perfectly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)