Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camera experts look here!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

SO is getting me a camera for our anniversary. I'm no pro nor do I want to be; but I love taking photos. Any suggestions for $700ish & under for a high quality camera?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

bump :)

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Do you want a point and shoot? Or one with interchangeable lenses?
I'm not an expert but Nikon makes great point and shoots with awesome zoom and they take great pics. Your best bet is to go somewhere and play with the cameras and see what will work for you. I just got a dsrl last year and am still learning to use it I live it but for snapping pics if the kids I still break out my Nikon cool pix l110

Eta: I went to best buy and takes with the camera guy there about features and such and messed around with the cameras for over an hour before choosing one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I'm not an expert but Nikon makes great point and shoots with awesome zoom and they take great pics. Your best bet is to go somewhere and play with the cameras and see what will work for you. I just got a dsrl last year and am still learning to use it I live it but for snapping pics if the kids I still break out my Nikon cool pix l110

point & shoot & thanks!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM
The cool pix l110 is under $200 and takes awesome pics. That was 3 years ago so there might be a newer model by now.

Quoting MichelleSw:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

point & shoot & thanks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting LCWAmommy:

The cool pix l110 is under $200 and takes awesome pics. That was 3 years ago so there might be a newer model by now.

Quoting MichelleSw:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

point & shoot & thanks!

I see commericals for it! Guess I will just have to get out there and check out each one.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Look for one with a high optical zoom. Digital zoom sucks. Also best buy has an awesome warranty I took mine in 3 times once for the focus not working once for a scratch on the lens and once for sand in the moving part of the lens they sent it into Nikon each time and I got it back within 2 weeks.
Quoting MichelleSw:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting MichelleSw:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

point & shoot & thanks!

I see commericals for it! Guess I will just have to get out there and check out each one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)