Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many gifts does each child get? how much $ ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 181 Replies

How many gifts do each of your children get for christmas? 

On average how much do you spend on each child? 

Update: A relative sent us a Christmas Card with $100 in it. So last night I went shopping and got the Dream Lights they both wanted. I also got my dd a lala loopsy doll and my son a matchbox ramp for his cars. They both got new micro fiber sheets (since apparently that is the reason they always want to sleep in my bed) problem solved. lol. 

All in all they each got 7 gifts. My mom also bought them 3-4 gifts each to open at her house. My fil (unexpectedly) is buying them one gift each. Usually he tries to skip out on Christmas. 

So I guess the kids will have a good Christmas after all. :) Today we are making Christmas treats that include Nutter Butter Snowmen, Reindeer food, etc. 

Merry Christmas. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM
They each got 15 then about 20 to share. I don't keep track of cost.
kjbennett26
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I spent 200$ per child this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I spent a total of $930 on Christmas for my four boys. They each have seven gifts under the tree, two small gifts in their stockings and one big family gift.
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
We have 4 kids and they each got 11 gifts each. None of their gifts were over 40, I'm not sure of totals.
forgottenluv
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

i only have one . this year she got 16 counting clothes   and i spent around 400

tnmommy5
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM
We spent about 100 each on our 5 kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I spent 300 per child, 3 kids, about 15 gifts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
3 moms liked this

I ask because thi year we are flat broke. The bill collectors are practically beating our door down. I took $200 out of our bill money and bought the kids 4 gifts each. (each gift averaging $25) I feel so bad because they only have four presents this year. :(   but you know, I would feel worse if they came and took our cars or shut the power off. I will be so glad when Christmas is over. 

Lynette
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

3 per child(idea came from Jesus getting 3 gifts), a couple stocking things like a candybar, some tape(my kids love to play with tape), last yr bandaids too.  And price cap per child is 100 each.  Outside of that I like to do a family gift like a board game.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I don't really count. So far he got a pair of Jordans, three Nike shirts, play dough, 1 game for his PSVITA, a game for his Wii, a game for his Xbox, a huge Halo toy, microsoft points, and a few stocking stuffers. My mom is buying him a tab, my brother some more halo toys, Heely's, and his dad a few games.

This is a lot less from last year, and I like it. I have a 2 month old, and next year, we will be toning down the presenta little bit more. I think we have spent about  250 on him. This is the leasr amount of money I have spent on him ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)