Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our schools are all closed tomorrow...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

All 4 districts in my area have closed tomorrow due to multiple threats of mass school shootings. This shit is getting ridiculous!! Im glad my kids arent school aged. I dont even want to go to work tomorrow. I'd rather avoid the wack-a-doodles and be home with my family. The world might not literally end, but our society is in a downward spiral, right down the shitter!!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I'm praying this shit calms down after tomorrow. It really is getting way out of hand. I did all my errands today so ds and I will be safe at home cleaning and packing for our big move next week!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I don't get this crap. Kids are making threats to get out of school.
They didn't close schools here, but just about every district in the area has had a "threat"
And some parents I know are keeping their kids home.
If my kids were school age they would be going. What are we teaching our kids by living in fear of nothing!
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM
My nieces said that their principal received a threatening letter. Its scary to think that even if it is just a joke, why would some sicko joke around by saying he will kill kids? Now my nieces said their school will have many cops there to make sure nothing goes down but really I don't want my nieces to go to school tomorrow. I'm very glad my son will be at home with my mom while I am at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Our entire county closed today and tomorrow due to threats
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I did all my errands today too. I'm seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow but I dont want to lose my job.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm praying this shit calms down after tomorrow. It really is getting way out of hand. I did all my errands today so ds and I will be safe at home cleaning and packing for our big move next week!

kaycersmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Ours is on lockdown tomorrow because of threats in the district.
sara_3388
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Do you live in Mi?
momof2891
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I have noticed that after every mass shooting, there are multiple copycats. It ridiculous! The world is not going to end. All the wackos will calm down once everybody stops making a bug freaking deal over this crap. And I have to get out tomorrow to get some stuff for a trip. Ugh!!
hddcooper
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I'm so glad our Christmas break started this week. I can not believe what people are doing. Do they seriously not have better things to do. So sad yet pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM

It wasnt kids here. They are investigatng it but they called and said there would be a shooter at every school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get this crap. Kids are making threats to get out of school.
They didn't close schools here, but just about every district in the area has had a "threat"
And some parents I know are keeping their kids home.
If my kids were school age they would be going. What are we teaching our kids by living in fear of nothing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)