Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slow cookers?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
So's dad gave us a slowcooker for christmas ( he lives a few hours away so we had christmas exchanges tn ) & I have no idea what to cook in it..anyone have any recipies theyd like to share?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Easy! Get two large bags of meatballs add one bottle honey barbecue sauce I like sweet baby rays one can chunk pineapple drained one sliced onion and cook on low all day very yummy

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I have a cookbook called "fix and forget" it's awesome!
lextjmom0709
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A roast with carrots potatoes and onions that's what i have going now
ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I would never of thought to add pineapple to meatballs ( cook with them ) but that sounds amazing lol

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Easy! Get two large bags of meatballs add one bottle honey barbecue sauce I like sweet baby rays one can chunk pineapple drained one sliced onion and cook on low all day very yummy

hreynol25
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Pineapples in meatballs. Im going to try it. Thanks!

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Its really good makes them like sweet and sour meatballs

Quoting ninjakids:

I would never of thought to add pineapple to meatballs ( cook with them ) but that sounds amazing lol

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

kate80
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Like a crockpot? One of our faves is Mexican cheese soup. Super easy.
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can any type kidney or black beans
1 pound of Velveeta cheese

Brown hamb, add taco seasoning. Place in cooker. Cube Velveeta and put in cooker. Pour each can into cooker, juice and all. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 stirring occasionally if you can butnot absolutely necessary. Serve with tortilla chips. We put sour cream on top too. It is super yummy. I cook in crock a lot!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I have never followed a recipe for my slow cooker, ever. I throw what sounds good in it, slow cook it, and serve it.
aidyns_mommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Pot roast, meaballs w/ jar of grape jelly & jar of chili sauce for a few hours, or my favorite pork tenderloin, BBQ sauce, & a can of root beer :)... the possibilities are endless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I usually just put meat and some marinade in it. my family's favorite meal consists of a roast cut into chunks, carrots, and potatoes with mesquite marinade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)