Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I failed today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So I feel like I was a horrible mama tonight. I'm sick and my kids were being awful. They were fighting and trying to get into gifts under the tree. My 2yo took the top off of his cup after I told him not to and poured his milk all over the kitchen floor. I was trying to eat some soup and my 4yo shoved 2yo into me which resulted in me covered in hot soup. I had had enough and I turned off the tv and cut the lights out and made them go to bed. I was crying and yelling. After they had been in bed for 10 min I felt horrible(it was only 6). I let them get up and we baked cookies and wrapped presents and watched a Christmas cartoon. Even though we all said our sorrys I still feel so bad, like I overreacted. I wish I could do it over. Any mamas have days like this? I still feel like crying. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_mom89
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I know I've been there. I have a 3.5 year old stepdaughter and an 18 month old daughter.

Definitely get days like that. Try and get a little extra sleep tonight. Sounds like you need it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
We've all had our moments. I had it this morning. I have a newborn and sleep deprived. My daughter refused to answer me about if she was getting ready for school and could figure out where to buckle her seatbelt up. We go through the seat belt EVERYDAY. I just lost it and told her she knows where it is and it doesn't move at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Quoting amanda_mom89:

I know I've been there. I have a 3.5 year old stepdaughter and an 18 month old daughter.

Definitely get days like that. Try and get a little extra sleep tonight. Sounds like you need it. :)

Thanks! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quoting mommyof11050307:

We've all had our moments. I had it this morning. I have a newborn and sleep deprived. My daughter refused to answer me about if she was getting ready for school and could figure out where to buckle her seatbelt up. We go through the seat belt EVERYDAY. I just lost it and told her she knows where it is and it doesn't move at all.

My son does that too with his carseat. Hope you get extra sleep tonight!! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You didn't over react.... you disciplined them, there is a difference.  What did they learn by you giving in?

CuriousArentYa
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

This is what I was thinking. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't over react.... you disciplined them, there is a difference.  What did they learn by you giving in?

boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Awww.....We've all had days like that.   Don't feel bad, the 10 minutes they spent in their beds probably did more good than harm.   You all got a bit of a break and it sounds like you had a great evening.

Feel Better!

fairy_fan
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

The only fail I see is that you allowed them back up and rewarded them with cookies.  

My stepdaughter does the same damn thing with her kids and she wonders why they act out like they do.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

This. No wonder they act like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
We all have days like that. Its ok mama. Feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)