Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant get the smell out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My mom sent dd some clothes and dd loves them , the problem is my mom is a smoker and I have washed the clothes three times now and the smoke smell is still there! Any tips to get rid of the smell?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Better detergent? I use Gain and Snuggle fabric softener and have no problems getting smells out. 

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Vinegar, baking soda, oxyclean
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Vinegar in the wash
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wash with vinegar and a little baking soda. 

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I had that problem too :( time will help and if you can leave them outside for a few days that helps too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I use gain with oxy-clean and I never have trouble getting smells if any kind out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I have to use free and clear for dd. But i will most likely get a small bottle and then wash them again. I miss normal detergent but because of dd needing the free and clear and now the baby on thr way we just switched totally to free and clear.

Quoting armywifey26:

Better detergent? I use Gain and Snuggle fabric softener and have no problems getting smells out. 

armywifey26
by Krissy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Maybe you can wash them in the normal detergent to get the smell out. But then rewash them with the free and clear so your DD can wear them. Idk. That's the best advice I got. Sorry :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I have to use free and clear for dd. But i will most likely get a small bottle and then wash them again. I miss normal detergent but because of dd needing the free and clear and now the baby on thr way we just switched totally to free and clear.

Quoting armywifey26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Well the only clothes of hers that needs to be washed in free and clear are her underwear (she gets yeast infections easily so her pedi said to wash in fre and clear)but it makes it easier just to wash everything all at once.

Quoting armywifey26:

Maybe you can wash them in the normal detergent to get the smell out. But then rewash them with the free and clear so your DD can wear them. Idk. That's the best advice I got. Sorry :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting armywifey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)