Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm loosing it

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
Seriously, my anxiety is getting so bad. In beyond a hypercondriac(yea I know its misspelled). I swear I'm dying. First I thought I had brain tumor, got a ct scan and was all good,.than I thought I felt a lump and swore I had breast cancer, got checked out and okay, was getting chest pain thought I was having a heart attack, df calms nee down I feel better, now I been getting weird back/stomach pain and I swear I have stomach cancer. And its not just me, I'm scared more like terrified my kids are sick. I'm terrified to send my son too school tomorrow, km terrified my kids won't wake in the morning. I'm terrified that since I don't believe in the end if the world that it will happen. I've been on depression/anxiety meds before, it just made me more depressed. Anything I can do? I just want to enjoy life again. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Find something else to occupy your thoughts---like spelling. It is "losing," not "loosing."

Therapy.

Redwoods_Mama
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I understand.

For now, get your hands on some Rescue Remedy and take it liberally.  Then, make yourself relax.  Listen to relaxing music, go out when the sun is shining, and give up caffeine/restrict sugar.

I'm sorry mama.  Mine tagged along when PTSD showed up.  Don't rule out counselling, ti really helped me, and don't discount medication. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find something else to occupy your thoughts---like spelling. It is "losing," not "loosing."

Therapy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Redwoods_Mama
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Therapy.

Augh.  Not cool.

OP, you are good enough.  You are safe, Yyou are whole, you are worthy.  Repeat that until it sinks in.  I seriously have to chant it at myself when I find my thoughts going to bad places and my stress toring up like water behind a dam. 

Also, yoga/pilates and meditation will help.  Just empty your head and physically relax every muscle, and put on soothing music a few times a week.

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Drugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Yeah, I thought so, too. I am a huge grammar Nazi, snob, bitch, whatever else...but that was just low.

OP what helps me is looking at my children's faces and thinking THEY need me to be the best mommy that I can be. They don't deserve to have a mommy so wrapped up in herself, that she can not function for them. It doesn't always work, but the heartless wanker that said those mean things to you does have a point. Get a new focus, busy yourself, do not let those thoughts enter. I know, easier said than done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Therapy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM

haha... omg! i was telling my sister that same thing-- i was getting on anti-depressants and i said to her 'man, it makes me so depressed to know that i gotta take anti-depressants'...

hmm... doesnt sound as funny in writing. but at the time, it was funny! i swear it!

ANYWAYS- definitely seek therapy, or meds. yes, it sucks taking them, but would you rather live life every day, thinking the worst possible thing or actually LIVING life?

i try to occupy my thoughts as much as possible and when i find myself getting dark with those thoughts, i try to think of something else. in the beginning, it takes a conscious effort to change your thoughts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM

At least my post got her thread off page 5 and got people responding. I did suggest therapy, cause she needs it. This kind of worrying is not normal.

It seems that everyone misspells "lose" as "loose" online. I can't stand it. If you are going to post, at least spell the title correctly.

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Yeah, I thought so, too. I am a huge grammar Nazi, snob, bitch, whatever else...but that was just low.

OP what helps me is looking at my children's faces and thinking THEY need me to be the best mommy that I can be. They don't deserve to have a mommy so wrapped up in herself, that she can not function for them. It doesn't always work, but the heartless wanker that said those mean things to you does have a point. Get a new focus, busy yourself, do not let those thoughts enter. I know, easier said than done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)