Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids joking about a school shooting or take it seriously?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My kids came home from school today all freaked out about going to school tomorrow because a couple of kids on their bus told them that some guy is mad about the calendar ending so he's going to go to a bunch of schools and shoot people. Now the rational side of me is thinking these kids are confused and probably just trying to scare people so I should tell my kids to ignore it and let it go. The realistic side of me is thinking my kids are not going to school tomorrow or possibly ever again. I will for sure be going into the school first thing in the morning to talk to the principal about what these kids were saying to my kids. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should do. I'm tempted to call the cops and report it. I don't want to be that blind parent to the dangers of the world anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

take all threats seriously

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, with everything happening i would call the police. That shit is nothing to joke about if it is a joke. If its not, then you need to call. But i would also go to the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Kids are saying the same crap here-but saying it will be other students doing it.  My kids just laugh at them think they are idiots looking for attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
If my child was afraid to go to school that day, i'd wake up "sick" and unable to take them to school. That way, I don't send them, and they won't think it's because mommy is afraid of a man shooting up the school.

I made a post about being afraid to go to work tomorrow. I really don't want to go and I'm even thinking of a plan if someone walks into my store to shoot up the place. I wouldn't be sending my kid's to school tomorrow. Too many people out there are going nut's about this day!
nelliesmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

This kids and people are idiots. 

michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM
We have had 2 schools with threats for tomorrow. It was on the news. The one is the school in the town where I work and I heard there were cops at all the buildings today. A lot of my friends thre are not sending their kids to school tomorrow. They never would say what exactly the threats were, probably to prevent copycats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

YES YES YES!! Complacency in this kind of situation is never your friend. Definitely take all threats seriously. I would call the police with who the kids were so they could ask if they knew who the "angry guy" was. 

Quoting Amiehart62:

take all threats seriously

waffa
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM

First and foremost there have been dozens if not hundreds of false threats over the last week (had 1 locally and the lil shit, who is 18, got his ass arrested for terroristic threats).

Don't take it too seriously, but also not too lightly. Who are the kids? Do they have a history of threats not carried out, or being a-holes to scare people?

I would talk to the school and let them check it out; if the kids need to be suspended or expelled for crazy talk so be it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids came home from school today all freaked out about going to school tomorrow because a couple of kids on their bus told them that some guy is mad about the calendar ending so he's going to go to a bunch of schools and shoot people. Now the rational side of me is thinking these kids are confused and probably just trying to scare people so I should tell my kids to ignore it and let it go. The realistic side of me is thinking my kids are not going to school tomorrow or possibly ever again. I will for sure be going into the school first thing in the morning to talk to the principal about what these kids were saying to my kids. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should do. I'm tempted to call the cops and report it. I don't want to be that blind parent to the dangers of the world anymore.

MammaPaparazza
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Same here in delaware, on the school website, all schools in delaware.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM
You should always take threats seriously. And at the very least I would call the school and inform them. But honestly, I would call te police and let them know. Our schools are shut down tomorrow because of threats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)