Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever saved your babies life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
Counting the kicks? I'm terrified to have a stillborn and this anxiety about it is making me crazy.... I'm not quite twenty six weeks yet but I will def be counting the kicks.

Anyone have anxiety like that and everything turn out ok? I want to enjoy this pregnancy but I just can't shake this feeling.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Bump

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I always worried about their movement, but it never failed, every time I picked up the phone to call my doctor they would kick! 

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't worry about having a still born baby. You can count the kicks every hour if you want but if a baby is going to unfortunately die then it can happen so fast that you don't even realize it. People who have still borns is not by choice so you should relax. There are things nobody can explain or control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammylynn36
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I felt that way too.Especially if I wasn't feeling any kicks for a long period of time. Everything turned out ok.

Don't stress so much mama, thats not good for you or the baby either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
No. Infact, I went in to the hospital after 5 hours of no movement and the nurses looked at me like I was an idiot and didnt understand why I was there...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Thats how it was with my son, and now im pregnant with a littl girl and am worried that somthing will happen, like it's too good to be true kinda thing...

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I always worried about their movement, but it never failed, every time I picked up the phone to call my doctor they would kick! 

goatmom4
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM

drinking seven up will wake up babay      and make them kick when you are furthur   along it is harder for babay to   move so the babay    might seem to move less  but tickle your belly        and make noise somtimes they need to wake up  

curlycupcake
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Counting kicks is not a guarantee of anything good or bad. Unless you have some medical history you're very unlikely to have a stillborn. I was three months pregnant with my dd when my 2 year old DS passed away very unexpectedly. I was terrified of losing her the entire pregnancy. There was so much grief and stress I was in constant fear. She was and is a healthy little beast. Relax mama, try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can. Living in fear is a terrible thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)