Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cross your fingers, toes. Dance a jig or prayers!! Please!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I found out this morning that a little boy I know (he is nine) that has been in foster care for three years has a family that wants to adopt him!
He is such a loving caring child, and he has server (sp) autism. When he went into foster care, he was barley talking and wasn't potty trained and had anxiety problems. His mom was deemed unfit and he was put in the system.
But his new parnets put in a lot of time with him. He is now potty trained, has at least 20 words (before he was lucky if he could say two words without havin a screaming fit) and has gained weight! Every year I but him a Christmas gift! He has a thing for the color green and loves soft toys or something that he can hug. So I made him a soft green blanket with his name on it. So when I gave it to him this morning, he lit up like a Christmas tree. He kept full eye contact (which is hard for a child with autism) and then gave me a hug which surprised me! He started strokeing my hair and saying "thank you." But when he said thank you it was like "thank youuuu" he kept drawing the word out longer which was fine.
Oh ladies lets hope his adpotion papers are final soon..this loving child deserves a good home.

To answer some question I know will be asked
1. His mom is bipolar and refuses to take her med.
2.His mom threaten to kill him
3. He mom is a drug addict
4. We don't know who his father is

The only reason I know this child is he was my neighbor at one point. Me and his mom used to be friends till I found out a lot of things about her like the drugs. And when she threaten to kill this child I quickly called 911. She was arrested with a butcher knife in her hand.

So lets all cross our fingers,toes..pray or even just keep him in your thoughts theses papers go though!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
anitarichman
by Anita on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

fingers crossed 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured