Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Major carseat fail

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My friend just posted this on FB. I don't know her that well but I feel like I should say something. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2manydiapers
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I always tell my sons father its called a chest clip for a reason. Not a tummy clip
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Send her a pm that says I just wanted to let you know that the buckle on your kids carseat isn't in the safest place it could be.  I normally wouldn't say anything but I would feel really bad if something happened and your kid got hurt.  I care about your kids safety and just wanted to let you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I've never even seen something like this. It almost makes the carseat pointless.

Quoting 2manydiapers:

I always tell my sons father its called a chest clip for a reason. Not a tummy clip
mom2ljh
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I had a friend who posted one that wasn't that bad but still bad. She's a first time mom with a one week old. I kindly told her, "She's so adorable. Hey, just a friendly suggestion. Tighten her straps a little and push her chest clip to her chest rather than belly. You want all that cuteness to be super safe." She thanked me and said it was her first time buckling her. I have her a little further advice on judging proper tightness and that was that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM
That sounds good and nice. Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Send her a pm that says I just wanted to let you know that the buckle on your kids carseat isn't in the safest place it could be.  I normally wouldn't say anything but I would feel really bad if something happened and your kid got hurt.  I care about your kids safety and just wanted to let you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Okay, good. I don't want to make a huge production about this. :) Thanks.

Quoting mom2ljh:

I had a friend who posted one that wasn't that bad but still bad. She's a first time mom with a one week old. I kindly told her, "She's so adorable. Hey, just a friendly suggestion. Tighten her straps a little and push her chest clip to her chest rather than belly. You want all that cuteness to be super safe." She thanked me and said it was her first time buckling her. I have her a little further advice on judging proper tightness and that was that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I had a friend just post a similar pic.

urg.

cLanief
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids have pushed their clips down.. it happens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I feel like a nosey bitch. But she's the one who posted it for the world to see. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a friend just post a similar pic.

urg.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Hopefully that's what happened and it's not an everyday thing.

Quoting cLanief:

My kids have pushed their clips down.. it happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)